LUF Admin

Leica T FW 1.5 - Download & Instructions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks jdlaing. Reloaded the app. on both devices without result. Probably it has somethingto to do with latest iOS 9.2.1 and

the app. as other users already experienced.

I was having all kinds of difficulty like others mentioned above and at last resort I removed the Visoflex, reloaded the app, and it worked

Ok, by now I'm very well-aware that the T resets all of its settings every time I update the firmware. This is a pretty huge disincentive for updating.

I swore, THIS TIME, I'd go through every setting after the update and get it right. I almost did!

I just shot an entire long weekend trip without DNG. sigh.

Guest Leicanew

Thank you very much, Leicanew. Your solution of removing the EVF has solved the problem for me. Without the EVF I’m getting a solid connection at the first attempt and am able to take pictures remotely from the iPhone.

If you get a reply from Leica, I’d be interested to know what they have to say about this issue. One really shouldn't have to dismantle the camera to get the firmware to work as intended. 

I got a prompt reply from Leica's customer care to an email with feedback where they acknowleded the issue with the remote app function and visoflex.

They also mentioned that their team is working on a solution so it seems that we might see an update correcting this conflict soon. Stay tuned!

Now that is good news.

If they can also work it so that when you do an update it doesn't reset everything, we will be laughing. I feel for you Julian.

Gary

Now that is good news.

If they can also work it so that when you do an update it doesn't reset everything, we will be laughing. I feel for you Julian.

Gary

Gary, I followed Michael's instructions about the numbering and it works well. Now, I don't have to worry about that anymore; I already have a mess in my files with different firmwares we had before!

What I really need them to do is to give a function to the right dial when we are using non Leica manual lenses!.... And if they could also give us a metering "zone" (that little thing in the middle of the frame that allows us take light), I would dance with joy, happy to have a T!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I downloaded the software and tried unsuccessfully to transfer pics.  Someone here mentioned it worked after removing the Visoflex.  I tried that and after a few tries it worked.

so at least with my setup ( I used am IPad with latest software), I have to remove the Visoflex to transfer pics wirelessly 

I downloaded the software and tried unsuccessfully to transfer pics.  Someone here mentioned it worked after removing the Visoflex.  I tried that and after a few tries it worked.

so at least with my setup ( I used am IPad with latest software), I have to remove the Visoflex to transfer pics wirelessly 

What lens are you using?

Guest VVJ

Ok, by now I'm very well-aware that the T resets all of its settings every time I update the firmware.

There really is no excuse for Leica for not addressing this.

They should be very embarrassed sending out software that thrashes the settings of their customers.

Especially after so many iterations of the software...

with regrets to the question as to what lens I used when the above occured- it was the 18-56 lens

with regrets to the question as to what lens I used when the above occured- it was the 18-56 lens

This is what I thought! ... It only works with T lenses!...

This is what I thought! ... It only works with T lenses!...

OK Louis2, now I understand that it even doesn't work with Leica M adapter T and 6 bit coded and uncoded Leica M lenses.

There was only one occasion that I got another Password from the camera display than normally displayed in the WiFi access point. I gave it in the WiFi section of the I Pad and then it worked

for a couple of minutes. I didn't write it down so, still no WiFi for me.

Can someone tell me where to find the work around for preventing the reset of the image number.  Thanks,

Michael was kind enough to tell us how. This is what he said and it works perfectly well : "copy your last photo file (JPG or DNG does not matter) in the folder DCIM on your SD card. The T will then continue with the next number when you capture a photo."

Edited by Louis2

And it works. In the end I simply left the card in the camera, the card already had T images on it. I even simply copied the firmware update to the same card, and experienced no issues (previously I formatted the card, this time I didn't).

File numbers simply carried on. Marvelous, OK it could be better managed by the manufacturer, so we don't have to do this, but it was only a minor inconvenience.

Gary

The 18-56 T lens is what I used.  Don't understand the post.

The discussions we had before were about MF and non-leica lenses vs leica T lenses. My understanding was that  technique of removing Visoflex to make WIFI work only works with leica T lenses and not with other lenses. (As I am using non-Leica MF lenses, the wifi is not working for me even when EVF is off).

This was the reason why I was asking what lens was used; and then, when you confirmed it was 18-56 T, I said this is what I thought, since it is not working with other lenses! ...!

My hopes were raised a tad again this morning, I got an e mail overnight from Leica telling me there was new firmware available for download, Version 1.5. I was happy. Well I was happy until I realised this was released a few weeks ago, and I already had it.

Why do they do that to me, LOL?

Gary

I was excited to see the email hit my inbox announcing the new firmware. Then I read that it is only for Wifi fixes. 

They seriously need to look at the buffer and the way it works. I have been a lone voice about the issues and have raised it with Leica for the last 18 months.

eg. Why when you set your image review to 1 second, if you fill the buffer with more than a few images, it holds the image preview for as long as it takes to write out to memory, then live view becomes available.

It is not so bad in Auto-focus mode as a half press of the shutter cancels image preview and it goes back to live view while it is still writing images out. 

However, here is the really bad part, if you fill the buffer in Manual Focus mode, you can not cancel the image preview at all, not in any way shape or form. You just have to wait until the entire buffer has been written to card, and then finally the live view becomes available. 

The fix would seem to be simple. Enable a half press in manual focus mode to cancel the image preview if there is more than 1 image in the buffer, so you can actually see what you are shooting. 

Or even better, if the 1 second review time is enable, then in all modes of shooting, stick to that. If there are images in the buffer, then just display a red count down in the corner to let you know that the camera is writing out still, and that you do not have the entire 12 image buffer to use.

( i haven't tested this with firmware 1.5, but I thought if it had been fixed, then they might have mentioned it in bug fixes.) 

Maybe firmware 2.0 might have what would seem to be a simple fix...

Edited by haydenc

For MichaelU: You write: "I connected both my Android smart phone and Android tablet."...

Can you give me App for Leica T for smartphone (Android), I can't found it at Play Store, Search with "Leica" offers/propose for Leica C, Q, SL, DISTO,... but not for Leica T ?

Thanks

Best Regards  Peter