Leica T FW 1.5 - Download & Instructions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is the new Leica T firmware V 1.5 - beta-tested by Leica Forum members:

http://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-T/Leica-T/Firmware-Update-1.5

Following on rapidly from Leica T firmware update 1.4, which almost doubled the autofocus speed, significantly shortened wake-up time, improved touch control sensitivity and delivered improved WiFi stability, we now present Leica T firmware update 1.5. The new update considerably increases data transfer speeds with external hotspots, and makes it possible to use your own personal hotspot, too. Benefit from a direct link between your camera and the Leica T App installed on your smartphone or tablet, and enjoy the freedom of independent image data transfer and remote control of your Leica T, even when Internet connectivity is unavailable.

Firmware 1.5 enables the Leica T to set up its own hotspot. Thanks to this, the camera can establish a data link to the Leica T App on your smartphone or tablet. This allows the transfer of image data straight to your mobile device without a network or cable– whenever and wherever it’s needed.

• Like 9

Today, I installed the new firmware (1.5), and I must say, in my case as non-leica lens user, I don't see any difference!

- WIFI still not working!

- Still the right dial useless! (with my non-leica manual lenses)

- The much needed exposure area is still not existing! ...

Well ...

I really don't care about WIFI! ... Also, I am getting used to the focus magnifier and don't really miss a focus peaking!

But, I would love to have an exposure area like with any other camera to get the right exposure; and, I would love to have the right dial doing something!...

BTW, I wish the numbering would NOT go to zero after each firmware! .... It makes a mess in my folders with files that have the same numbers! ... Common sens! 

Edited by Louis2

BTW, I wish the numbering would NOT go to zero after each firmware! .... It makes a mess in my folders with files that have the same numbers! ... Common sens! 

You are right: the numbering should not be set to zero after a firmware update. However, try this workaround:

Just copy your last photo file (JPG or DNG does not matter) in the folder DCIM on your SD card. The T will then continue with the next number when you capture a photo.

Edited by MichaelU
  • Like 3

Wow! Now I have an IPad and the T-App has worked wonders! YEs the new way of connecting to the Leica hotspot worked so fast, I was able to control the camera from the T-App and take a photo and have it on camera SD and iPad. Excellent!

You are right: the numbering should not be set to zero after a firmware update. However, try this workaround:

Just copy your last photo file (JPG or DNG does not matter) in the folder DCIM on your SD card. The T will then continue with the next number when you capture a photo.

Thank you for that tip.

Michael, thank you very much for letting me know. This is very interesting and helpful, and I will try it as soon as I return home!

I wish there was also a solution for the right dial, and for the metering area! :)

Guest Leicanew

I still get a black screen on my iPhone and a time out message shortly afterwards when on remote mode, no matter what...  : /

Edited by Leicanew

Excellent tip Michael, thank you from me as well. Just updated.

Gary

Guest Leicanew

I still get a black screen on my iPhone and a time out message shortly afterwards when on remote mode, no matter what...  : /

After trial and error, it seems that in my case, the remote feature on the app only works when the Visoflex viewfinder is not attached to the camera... 

I enjoy using this camera but these bugs are annoying. I just hope this bug is fixed in the next software update. 

• Like 1

Mine is not connecting under direct wifi for Ipad nor Iphone .  The camera seems to able to set up a hotspot but cannot connect to Leica T APP. What did I do wrong ? :(

The same here with every firmware I had and the latest I have now!... I just give up believing and wish for some more serious stuff in the next T firmwares!

I believe Leica has much to learn from Panasonic!... ...

I tested the WiFi connection today and found that the connection itself works very nice and reliable - as long as you do not use any iOS device.

I connected both my Android smart phone and Android tablet. On both I could view the images nicely (in the web gallery), also on both devices at the same time.

After that connected an iPhone 6 and an iPad 2 to my T. On both devices, the connection was done without any problem. The desaster started when I used the T-App. I could view the images on both devices properly, but when I switched to the remote controll tab, the screen was black and without any functionality. After a short while, the WiFi connection was interrupted. Also WiFi setting on the T were lost (I changed the SSID).

I would rate that the new issue is not related to the new and improved WiFi functionality of the T, it seems to be an issue with the T app.

Every one should fire eMails to Leica's customer support that they see what they have done.

• Like 2

As far as I can tell, nothing else changed. 

On chimping, the image will expand in a smoother, less jumpy way then before. That's probably the increased touch-sensitivity of the LCD screen Leica referred to on their download page.

I still wish they'd give us right-dial options in Aperture mode, instead of the sole ISO function it currently has.

• Like 2