Leica T FW 1.5 - Download & Instructions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tested the WiFi connection today and found that the connection itself works very nice and reliable - as long as you do not use any iOS device.

I connected both my Android smart phone and Android tablet. On both I could view the images nicely (in the web gallery), also on both devices at the same time.

After that connected an iPhone 6 and an iPad 2 to my T. On both devices, the connection was done without any problem. The desaster started when I used the T-App. I could view the images on both devices properly, but when I switched to the remote controll tab, the screen was black and without any functionality. After a short while, the WiFi connection was interrupted. Also WiFi setting on the T were lost (I changed the SSID).

I would rate that the new issue is not related to the new and improved WiFi functionality of the T, it seems to be an issue with the T app.

Every one should fire eMails to Leica's customer support that they see what they have done.

Michael,

thank you for your research.

I checked with my iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2 and indeed Leica T FW 1.5 - it worked.

May you know, I had serious challenges to make it working - as Louis still has, but now it works and I am happy. Hope it will continue to work.

Sorry that it does not work with your iOS devices.

Cheers

Hans

Edited by mausgarten

My v-Lux works without flaw on the Leica shuttle . Leica should learn and use software built by Panasonic .

All of my wifi apps from Ffuji , Panasonic , Samsung works without any glitch the first time except the wifi from Leica Germany .

sigh!,, :wacko: o

• Like 1

Here is the new Leica T firmware V 1.5 - beta-tested by Leica Forum members

It’s hard to believe that the T’s new hotspot system has been tested by anyone before launch.

It does not work consistently and reliably. Sometimes I can get the T to connect to my iPhone (iOS 9.2.1), sometimes I can’t. Sometimes I can take a picture, sometimes all I get is a blank screen on the phone. More often than not I get a time-out message before I can do anything useful. Whether the fault lies in the camera firmware or in the App, I wouldn't know but, evidently, the system is not robust enough. It should never have been issued in this flaky condition.

I’m not a techie but I am a seasoned user of computers and other digital hardware. I always assume user error (my own included) before I doubt the boffins who created the device but, in Leica’s case, I make an exception. As far as the T’s electronics are concerned, Leica doesn’t seem to have much of a clue. As for the Leica Forum beta testers, shame on you for allowing Leica to believe that this firmware was fit for purpose!

• Like 3

Well, assuming that the people who tested the beta did not have any issues? I'm running firmware 1.5 via camera hotspot and via my UniFi wireless system at home with no issues at all. Connected via MacBook or iPhone 6s on 9.2.1 without issues, I am able to transfer files and take pictures in any use case I encountered via the app. I'm assuming a manufacturing fault if people still have issues, but do not have multiple T cameras at hand to test.

Guest Leicanew

With my current set up, and after running several test over the weekend, the remote feature within the app doesn't work when the EVF is attached to my camera (which did before).

I am running v1.5 on the camera using a 23mm native lens plus IOS 9.2.1 on my iPhones 6 & 5s. I tried several settings including a reset and app reinstall.  Results were always the same as above.

At least I can make the app fully work (by removing the EVF) and the camera is noticeably more responsive in the latest firmware updates which is great and very much appreciated. I hope this helps anyone experiencing issues with the app/firmware combo.

I'll send an email to Leica to provide feedback and see if i'm missing something here.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With my current set up, and after running several test over the weekend, the remote feature within the app doesn't work when the EVF is attached to my camera (which did before).

I am running v1.5 on the camera using a 23mm native lens plus IOS 9.2.1 on my iPhones 6 & 5s. I tried several settings including a reset and app reinstall.  Results were always the same as above.

At least I can make the app fully work (by removing the EVF) and the camera is noticeably more responsive in the latest firmware updates which is great and very much appreciated. I hope this helps anyone experiencing issues with the app/firmware combo.

I'll send an email to Leica to provide feedback and see if i'm missing something here.

Re-checked with the EVF attached and both native lenses (3,5-5,6 and 23).

Result in my case: Both configurations worked.

It seems that the origin of the bug is still not found.

Cheers

Hans

Edited by mausgarten

Thank you very much, Leicanew. Your solution of removing the EVF has solved the problem for me. Without the EVF I’m getting a solid connection at the first attempt and am able to take pictures remotely from the iPhone.

If you get a reply from Leica, I’d be interested to know what they have to say about this issue. One really shouldn't have to dismantle the camera to get the firmware to work as intended. 

Dear Leicanew, 

Thanks for the advise of detaching the EVF .. now it works .. but does not with the EVF reattached .. Please Leica , This kind of software development  should be well tested before releasing it.

After all the EVF typ020 was an integral part of the systems made or marketed by Leica only.

Thanks 

Yuhau

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Leicanew. Your solution of removing the EVF has solved the problem for me. Without the EVF I’m getting a solid connection at the first attempt and am able to take pictures remotely from the iPhone.

If you get a reply from Leica, I’d be interested to know what they have to say about this issue. One really shouldn't have to dismantle the camera to get the firmware to work as intended. 

I removed Visoflex and could connect to my IPhone 6 (which has the latest software).... BUT, I had the black screen! ... Therefore still not working for me!!!!!

Could it have anything to do with manual lenses I am using that are not Leica brand, and the adapter is not Leica?... This is really getting ridiculous and annoying! If it works for some and not for others, then, there is really something wrong with Leica WIFI system!.... As another poster pointed out, WIFI works perfectly with Panasonic. I had no problem what so ever with my 109!

Maybe leica needs to learn more from Panasonic!.... Really shameful!

HI Louis2 ,

My set up that works was the following :

The (in)famous T ,

Leica brand M to T adaptor

Leica 35 F2, 7 elements withOUT  6 bit codes

NO EVF 

DIRECT WIFI with IPAD and Iphone IOS vr, 9.*** ( the latest ) 

Hope that helps ! Also, being an M user from M6 , MP,  M8, M9 ,M9P, M240 ... I am deferring getting the "SL" until I am finally happy with the T . This is because there are so many  similarities between T and SL .

Happy T..ing

Yuhau 

• Like 1

I removed Visoflex and could connect to my IPhone 6 (which has the latest software).... BUT, I had the black screen! ... Therefore still not working for me!!!!!

Could it have anything to do with manual lenses I am using that are not Leica brand, and the adapter is not Leica?...

Yes, Louis, that does seem to be the problem, even with the EVF taken off.

I did some tests this morning and experienced the same black screen that you did when I connected a Pentax lens via the Pentax to Leica T Novoflex adapter. Strangely, though, with the adapter wide open I was able to take a picture remotely with this set-up and it did show on the screen of my iPhone. That’s less than useful in practice, of course, because you can’t see what you’re shooting.

I had the same results as Yuhau when using the Leica M to T adapter. As long as you remove the EVF, the new direct wifi system works just fine with both 6 bit and non-6 bit M mount lenses.

• Like 1

I would like to have some feedback from T-owners about the autofocus and interface speeds after the latest firmware update. I tried the Leica T in 2014 when it was released and found it handled like an old Android phone.

Although users and reviewers say the camera has become "snappier" with the latest firmware upgrade, I still get the feeling that it remains mediocre at best in terms of focus speed and interface which leads me to believe that the they reached their limits on the current hardware.

Does anyone know how it compares with a Fuji x100 in terms of autofocus speed?

I tested the WiFi connection today and found that the connection itself works very nice and reliable - as long as you do not use any iOS device.

I connected both my Android smart phone and Android tablet. On both I could view the images nicely (in the web gallery), also on both devices at the same time.

After that connected an iPhone 6 and an iPad 2 to my T. On both devices, the connection was done without any problem. The desaster started when I used the T-App. I could view the images on both devices properly, but when I switched to the remote controll tab, the screen was black and without any functionality. After a short while, the WiFi connection was interrupted. Also WiFi setting on the T were lost (I changed the SSID).

I would rate that the new issue is not related to the new and improved WiFi functionality of the T, it seems to be an issue with the T app.

Every one should fire eMails to Leica's customer support that they see what they have done.

I fully agree with you MichaelU. I even cannot make it work on my I Phone 5 and I Pad Air 2 both running iOS 9.2.1. Either with or without EVF, or Leica Adapter,  or Leica Lens with or without 6 bit.

Starting WiFi on the camera works and it confirms "WiFi succesfully connected".  I choose on both devices WiFi connection "Leica-T- serial..." so both devices recognize and confirm WiFi connection with the camera.

The problem begins when you start the App. It says "Searching camera in Leica-T-serial"  Device and WiFi symbols are white (recognizable) and the line from device symbol via WiFi up to the camera symbol is white.

The camera symbol however is grey. I suppose the App. cannot make a connection with the camera.

• Like 1

I fully agree with you MichaelU. I even cannot make it work on my I Phone 5 and I Pad Air 2 both running iOS 9.2.1. Either with or without EVF, or Leica Adapter,  or Leica Lens with or without 6 bit.

Starting WiFi on the camera works and it confirms "WiFi succesfully connected".  I choose on both devices WiFi connection "Leica-T- serial..." so both devices recognize and confirm WiFi connection with the camera.

The problem begins when you start the App. It says "Searching camera in Leica-T-serial"  Device and WiFi symbols are white (recognizable) and the line from device symbol via WiFi up to the camera symbol is white.

The camera symbol however is grey. I suppose the App. cannot make a connection with the camera.

Delete the app and reload it from the App Store.

Apart from the wifi stuff. Have anyone looked into the auto rotate in preview mode? The previous version had some knibbles but the 1.5 surely takes the price. I assume they gave a shot to fix it but somehow they messed up completly on my camera. Must a really hard one to get right it seems. Will try a reset to see if it has an effect.

EDIT: Did a reset - seems to do the trick actually, worx now!

Edited by slummer