Recommendations Wanted

Jared

Oh, I was surprised and pleased that despite the high winds that are typical in Patagonia (though we lucked out for several days and had mild conditions), I never had to clean the sensor.  That, despite changing lenses constantly in very dusty conditions, in rain, and in winds strong enough that the previous week a tour bus got blown over onto its side and a tourist got blown off a cliff.

- Jared

If an M and a 28 and a 75 isn't enough for any trip I ever undertake, it's my inadequacy that's the problem, and no amount of extra gear will ever compensate.

I certainly would not take anything more. I much prefer it when the camera is an adjunct to the experience, and not the experience itself. That's why something small and capable like the M is the perfect camera for me on a once in a lifetime trip that I intend to enjoy to the full.

I admire your monk like stoicism and self control. 

If I had even a quarter of this I would be several dozen lenses and a handful of cameras lighter ...... and with a huge amount of cash in my pocket.

And you are quite correct ...... the times I have strictly rationed myself to a camera and a couple of lenses have not ruined a holiday or a day out .......

.... oh .... but the temptation of so many shiny new toys ......

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 2

If an M and a 28 and a 75 isn't enough for any trip I ever undertake, it's my inadequacy that's the problem, and no amount of extra gear will ever compensate.

I certainly would not take anything more. I much prefer it when the camera is an adjunct to the experience, and not the experience itself. That's why something small and capable like the M is the perfect camera for me on a once in a lifetime trip that I intend to enjoy to the full.

Oh, so very true. But then, I'd also want my 21; and I'd probably take the SL rather than an M (the size and weight penalty is minimal)

You're right, of course, but like our S+M friend above, all those other lenses would be crying. The Noct saying, take me, take me ...

• Like 1