Passport

marcg

Now that depends on 1) where you bought it from, some dealers (e.g. RDC) send it off to Leica for you; or 2) where you live - if you live outside the UK then there is no Passport.  But in any case it will be covered for  2 years (warranty) from the date of sale so keep your receipt safely!  The Passport is for the first year only.

Thanks for that.

However, I'm afraid that this doesn't tell me the answer to my question – where should I find it.

As I said in my first post, it's a UK sale. I know what the terms of the passport are and I know that it's 12 months and I know the difference between the passport and the two years manufacturers guarantee – which I better say now - is far inferior to the statutory rights provided in the Consumer Rights Act.

I'm simply a bit surprised not to find something which is marked "Leica Passport" in the box.

I'm sure that when I bought my Monochrom a few years ago, that's what I got.

Edited by marcg

I bought mine from Ffordes.

1. There was a specific card in the paperwork draw of the box that says Passport Application. This relates to the one year accidental damage cover and you either send it off or register the camera in the Leica Owners website.

2. There is also the standard Guarantee Card

Hope this helps.

hmmm, Well I bought the Q on the understanding that it was accompanied by a passport.

If the information was wrong then I seriously hope that I don't have any kind of accidental damage et cetera because I'll fight the dealer very hard to enforce it.

The dealer – who is a Leica dealer – is advertising the camera on their website as being accompanied by a Passport.

Needless to say I've taken screenshots and I have my emails as well.

I bought mine from Ffordes.

1. There was a specific card in the paperwork draw of the box that says Passport Application. This relates to the one year accidental damage cover and you either send it off or register the camera in the Leica Owners website.

2. There is also the standard Guarantee Card

Hope this helps.

Thanks.  That is very helpful.

That is what I expected.

Also, I notice that they have supplied me with a French plug.

Yes, I agree. I just fired off an email and I'll see what the responses.

Anyway, I would never go in guns blazing unless I needed the passport cover – and some decent discussion didn't solve the problem.

Let me say, that all in all I'm very happy with the deal. There are extremely helpful – and very decent.

I really do hope that it's just some kind of oversight and it can be easily resolved.

Edited by marcg

I took delivery of my Q today (from Dale Photographic) and thought there wasn't a passport document. I 'phoned up Dale and they told me the application form is between the cardboard outer box and the inner box. I looked and it was there. I was surprised I hadn't noticed it but I find it a bit overwhelming when you get such elaborate packaging and I guess it is easy to miss something. 

No I didn't get a UK plug. I phoned Leica UK who said there isn't room in the box for a UK plug and that the dealer should have included one separately. I have several leads of this type so am not too bothered.

I also asked them about the passport issue and they said they would definitely honour the terms of the passport (ie the accidental damage cover). When I phoned Dale, they said that if I hadn't got a passport application form in the box they would send me one. Hopefully your dealer will do the same.

But I've heard back from the dealer – and they confirmed that it was an error because apparently Leica send out the passports separately and it seems that one was missed out from my box.

I'm very relieved. I really got quite a shock when someone posted here that passports aren't given out with Leica Q and that's the reason why got so feisty about it.

Looks as if missing them out of the boxes can happen quite easily.

I brought my camera from Clifton Cameras in Gloucestershire and I can tell you that they have been fantastically helpful all the way through and extremely responsive.

Also, as I posted somewhere else, they were extremely fair about their queueing system. They wanted only a 5 pound deposit to get in the queue and if you found another camera elsewhere before your turn came up then they gave you your money back.

This is unlike some other Leica dealers who were asking for 10% and they would refuse to refund you if you manage to find another camera elsewhere earlier. I thought that was very unfair.

I thought that the approach of Clifton Cameras was extremely fair and very customer facing.