So our competitor already have a recall?

My Fuji XT-1 had the "light leak" issue.

Fuji fixed it for me no questions asked.

I also believe that there was a Canon DSLR had this issues as well and they fixed it.

I think Nikon had a light leak issue a few years back as well. Every manufacturer has had light leak issues with more than one model, including Leica. At least Sony isn't having to replace sensors for free because of the cover glass is corroded.  :blink:

Edited by DezFoto
  • Like 1

Your competitor?  What an odd point of view.

That's my point of view, yes.. maybe odd for you but the way I look at it, these 2 cameras should have the same market share, photographer enthusiats who like point and shoot cameras (fixed lens) but with more features.

The Q is intended for purists. Sometimes less equals more. If you like flashy features get the Sony.

it's not my intention of saying we need more features, what I tried to say both Q and RX1 RII are fell into same category class, a point and shoot camera. Do you think you will like your Q  if it has no features? it's a simple camera yet it still has features that no camera phone has.

And if I like Sony, I would've wait before I plunged my $4250 to buy a Q, In the end I enjoy what my Q has to offer. I hope I will enjoy this little camera for long time. I would be pissed on the other hand if I get an RX1 RII and later knowing I have to send back the camera because they miss something critical on production stage.

Edited by m9photo

I don't get the point and shoot comparison.   I use P&S cameras. I keep one tethered to my gear when riding on my motorcycle.   I literally point and shoot.   The camera doesn't have a viewfinder, electronic or otherwise and my hand blocks the LCD.  Often I'm barely even looking the direction I'm pointing the camera.   I don't expect great photos although once in a while I'm surprised.   Camera use is to add color to the motorcycle trip reports that go on a club web site.  

I'd never use the Sony, the Q, or an X100 in that manner.   In my mind they are not point and shoot cameras.   The fact that they have a fixed lens is irrelevant.

• Like 1

I don't get the point and shoot comparison.   I use P&S cameras. I keep one tethered to my gear when riding on my motorcycle.   I literally point and shoot.   The camera doesn't have a viewfinder, electronic or otherwise and my hand blocks the LCD.  Often I'm barely even looking the direction I'm pointing the camera.   I don't expect great photos although once in a while I'm surprised.   Camera use is to add color to the motorcycle trip reports that go on a club web site.  

I'd never use the Sony, the Q, or an X100 in that manner.   In my mind they are not point and shoot cameras.   The fact that they have a fixed lens is irrelevant.

It is the only reason they are called point and shoot. There are plenty of point and shoots with a viewfinder, for instance the Leica C.

I'm sure most of us heard this already..Sony RX1 RII recalled

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-item.pl?mdl=DSCRX1RM2&news_id=499

We've done pretty good so far!

This is not their only problem. I understand that there is focusing issue, as reported on Fred Miranda's Sony Forum, that has halted production and new deliveries will not begin until mid=February.