Strange Creative Light Effects - Colour + BW (2 pictures)

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This pathway is on the hill above our city, next to my home. It leads up to our fort and is the end of a long hiking trail over 200 km long.

It offers nice forest, vantage points over the city and a parklandscape.

Leica Q with a domelike lensflare

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

bw version

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

thank you all! I am delighted that you like this experiment.

Michael,

yes, there was a kind of magic. When I discovered the flare I thought it might be adding. Thanks for your nice comment.

Dave,

I am afraid you may be right: the camera sees more than the human eye...thank you for this imagination.

Adam,

hi hi, I am delighted that you like this stuff. It seems that direct front light in combination with that dense air may have caused this. I never had that before. Perhaps Dave is right to mention an unseen power...I'll check that.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I personally prefer the B&W shot (even I take color photos, too ;)). One reason here is that the flare effect stands out better in B&W, also I saw the two people in the background much better in B&W than in color (in the color shot I overlooked them first!). In the end of course matter of taste, both look fine, thanks for sharing! Und Gruesse nach Bielefeld!

• Like 1

Martin,

many thanks for your detailed review. You are right about the B&W. Colour is not the important feature here but the light and shadow. Gruß zurück, Danke!

brill64,

nice to have your feedback, thanks.

Longboarder9,

thank you for viewing and ommenting!

• Like 1

I also prefer the B&W version. The flare is quite interesting. I think camera sees at the same time something more and something less than the human eye. I would love to find a lens that sees very strong light and deep shadow in the same image as the human eye does  :D

I also prefer the B&W version. The flare is quite interesting. I think camera sees at the same time something more and something less than the human eye. I would love to find a lens that sees very strong light and deep shadow in the same image as the human eye does  :D

:D  :D yes, that is what I thought. But lastly I think, that the camera often offers more and tells you its own story and of course your mistakes. It can reveal strange things....thanks for your comment.

• Like 1