Dull Grey Winter Mood - Therapy Walk

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In spite of crouching at the sofa or gazing at the PC it is sometimes a better therapy to go out and try to catch a few frames in the darkness. I started late afternoon just before the heavy darkness to settle in.

Leica Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Nice one Iduna, with the foreground, and the toning.

The light does look dreary and difficult for photography.  Perhaps settle in with a hot toddy and try some "still life" pictures with your Q.

I know that's what Dee (Platypus) does down here when it is hot and glary...the opposite to what you are experiencing... :rolleyes:

all the best Dave S

Edited by david strachan

Michael,

yes, this dark droop weather has its own charme - thanks for viewing and commenting.

Dave,

yes, you are right - after that walk I could enjoy a good whisky. I admit for a setup of stillife I felt too tired - but it is an option and I have so many ideas....next time. Thanks for lokking and your nice comment.

Iduna, gorgeous toning (I wondered what you used for that) and I particularly like the scattered clump of tree branches in the foreground which saves the image from picture postcard-ness.

This is one of those images that need to be viewed more than once, the mood is as subtle as the light (or lack thereof)....I think it's a lovely comment on the season.

Nice one Iduna, with the foreground, and the toning.

The light does look dreary and difficult for photography.  Perhaps settle in with a hot toddy and try some "still life" pictures with your Q.

I know that's what Dee (Platypus) does down here when it is hot and glary...the opposite to what you are experiencing... :rolleyes:

all the best Dave S

Dave, I think you are getting to know me too well!  But make that settle in with a good cup of tea, Prince of Wales for preference!

• Like 2