Camera Bag

drewk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 1.1.2021 um 22:51 schrieb Ouroboros:

but I do use a Tenba BYOB insert in a variety of backpacks and a Barbour bag.

The Tenba BYOB looks good and could be a good replacement for the LowePro bags i use to protect my Q2 in various bags and backpacks.
As the LowePro are widly available in almost every electronic shop i went with them, but the Temba looks good as well.

Chris

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PhotoCruiser said:

The Tenba BYOB looks good and could be a good replacement for the LowePro bags i use to protect my Q2 in various bags and backpacks.
As the LowePro are widly available in almost every electronic shop i went with them, but the Temba looks good as well.

Chris

My BYOB does exactly what I want from it.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Ouroboros:

My BYOB does exactly what I want from it.

Yes we use a two layer system and we are fine with that
1° the protection layer to protect the camera and it's accessoires
2° the carrying layer to carry the camera and its accessoires in a given moment most practical bag/messenger bag/backpack/whatever bag

Chris

Older Lowepro D Res 40 aw

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After a photographic lifetime of cheaper bags and all the positive comments on this and other threads, I blew on buying a Billingham Hadley small which I trialled in the field for the first time today.

In it I packed a type 246 Monochrom with 50 mm Summicron lens, a Leica QP, together with A Voigtlander Ultron 35 mm 1.7 and an Elmarit 90mm 2.8

It weighed 7.5 lbs packed, perhaps a little too heavy, but after a 7.5 mile hike, it felt comfortable, with perhaps just a tinge of neck pain at the end. If I am going to carry two bodies, it might be better to carry one in hand, or perhaps better still, one camera, one lens. That way I could carry lunch.

It's a very handsome looking bag in Khaki canvas & Tan. Trouble is I hardly dare put it on the ground for fear of dirtying it!

Attached an image from the cold, frosty and foggy UK, from today.

• Like 10

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2016 at 4:08 PM, MickyW said:

Domke F-5 XB  ... very unassuming but just the job. Billingham Hadley Small as per Big T above also very good, but a little larger than really necessary because with the Q we're travelling light, without extra lenses etc. aren't we 

Edit ... it's simple, its quality and it utilitarian! (Just looked up the exact meaning of 'Utilitarian')  .... Yup, the Domke 

I have this bag and love it but the main zipper keep scratching my gear. Trying to figure out a way to cover the zippers and just use the flap. 

For those who don’t want the zipper issue of the Domke F-5 XB check out the Domke F-10 JD.  Similar size and flap that attaches to Velcro.  Yes you have that sound  but I have found it unobtrusive. No zipper and has a clasp if you need it.  I have used this for years.  It holds a Q2, battery charger and accessories easily.  I use it also for a Leica digital and 3 lenses, one attached to the camera.  Small and easy to carry and even pack if you have too. I cut off the domke label on the flap to make it low key.  It is worn but not deteriorating.  Doesn’t scream big dollars at all if that is important to you.  

• 4 weeks later...

I went through the stages of Billingham, A&A and a lot more...think they're in the cellar somewhere.

My preference today is not a camera bag but an outdoor shoulder bag from Fjällraven (small) worn across the chest.

Fits my M Camera  with attached lens, an additional lens, Macbook 13 inch, iPhone plus charger, Pack of Camel smokes and small other stuff.

Made from G1000 canvas, can be waxed for extra waterproofing, looks like a students accessory and I love it.

I put simple padding inside bought cheap from somewhere.

Unobtrusive and a nice 'outdoor' feel to it.

Andy

3 hours ago, junix said:

Thoughts/experiences with the Oberwerth Leica Q2 Bag?

I currently have Ona (Bowery and Prince Street) in Antique Cognac Leather that I mostly use with my M cameras.. wanted something black for my Q2M.

I have the Oberwerth Leica bag. Black with red interior. From my standpoint it’s perfect. Big enough to easily pull the Q2 out or place it back in. Not tight, but very well protected. Room for a Nitecore charger, an Arca-Swiss plate and a stack of filters in the “other” side compartment. Finally ample small spaces for SD cards and microfiber cleaning cloths. I’m extremely happy with the purchase. 

• Like 3

I carry the Q2, Q2M, 2 extra batteries, iPad and Nitcore batterycharger in my leather ONA Brixton Bag. It's perfect for my needs and gotta love the cognac leather finish. When I'm not using it as a camera bag it doubles as an everyday carry without looking like a murse! Went through 3 other bags before I found the right one. Bags seem to be fairly personal like cars. The bag seems to fit the person more than the camera. 

• Like 1

Well it depends on what you need. I would not like the divisions in the Oberwerth above. My little ONA carries 1 M camera incl. 1 lens attached plus 2nd battery plus 4 more lenses (if needed at all, but its possible). I need no iPad etc. 

I love the ONA because of how the space is perfectly used. I have the model  with the red dot 😀

Does anyone have experience of fitting a Q2 (or M) in a bag with one of the Leica tripods? The tripod is an unusual shape which makes it quite difficult to fit in a small-ish bag. I have been using a Peak Design 3L Sling and can just about fit the tripod legs underneath the camera by covering it with padded (Lowe-pro) dividers, with the head vertical, again shielded from rubbing against the camera with a padded divider. But I’m going to have to dismantle the bag to get at the tripod!

I also have a Billingham f2.8 bag which is a bit bigger and squarer than I would like and doesn’t mould much around your body. I probably need to go and check out a Hadley Pro Small but wondered if anyone else had tried to find a solution to this. 

7 hours ago, M10 for me said:

Well it depends on what you need. I would not like the divisions in the Oberwerth above. My little ONA carries 1 M camera incl. 1 lens attached plus 2nd battery plus 4 more lenses (if needed at all, but its possible). I need no iPad etc. 

I love the ONA because of how the space is perfectly used. I have the model  with the red dot 😀

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still have two Ona bags and I love them and will continue using them. The Oberwerth is just for the Q2M as I wanted a dedicated bag only for it, black leather and as small as possible.

Ona Bowery is ideal for a 1 M Camera + 1 Spare lens (or even 2 M cameras with lenses on) setup, while the Price Street is my airplane travel bag, 2 M Cameras and 3-4 lenses + iPad. And they both look gorgeous. 

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb junix:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still have two Ona bags and I love them and will continue using them. The Oberwerth is just for the Q2M as I wanted a dedicated bag only for it, black leather and as small as possible.

Ona Bowery is ideal for a 1 M Camera + 1 Spare lens (or even 2 M cameras with lenses on) setup, while the Price Street is my airplane travel bag, 2 M Cameras and 3-4 lenses + iPad. And they both look gorgeous. 

I agree with you. Unfortunately I have only one M. Maybe with the M11 I will have a 2nd one and then the "problem" with the bags comes up again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wotancraft Ryker comfortably housing Q2 and Q2M

front zip pocket (additional front pocket no zip), inside velcro pocket, rear zip pocket.

Edited by dancook
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, dancook said:

Wotancraft Ryker comfortably housing Q2 and Q2M

front zip pocket (additional front pocket no zip), inside velcro pocket, rear zip pocket.

Absolutely love the contrasting leather on this bag. 

Wotancraft makes quality bags that are distinctive and yet practical. Thanks for posting.

PS Q2M and Q2 seems like a “dream pairing”

Edited by NicholasT
  • Like 2