Camera Bag

drewk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have a classic  Hama for travels ; when I walk in street, i have this red purse in my usually bag (15 € Amaz, fine for rain and drop, I am not sure !)

• Like 3

For my first Leica I wanted something small and light and yet still protective.  After years of carrying heavy shoulder bags and backpacks for DSLR systems the new bag needed to work well with the Q.

I chose the Oberwerth and for me it does exactly what I want.  Hold the Q and a few small accessories such batteries, charger, cards, etc.

• Like 2

If you want a leather bag try Kalahari.

excellent construction, subtle looks and good value, eg the Kaama L14:

Kalahari Kaama range have rigid sides. Great for protection, no so great if you want to stuff extra into the bag to puff out the sides - you cant

+ 1  Ona Bowery - canvas  

Q w/ handgrip, 2x batteries/cards, small notebook/pen, rocket blower, eyeglass case, wipes, mini-tripod.  If bringing the SF 40, the eyeglass case leaves.

If only the Q, just slinger on my shoulder and batteries in my pocket.  

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/27/2016 at 8:21 AM, beauport said:

For my first Leica I wanted something small and light and yet still protective.  After years of carrying heavy shoulder bags and backpacks for DSLR systems the new bag needed to work well with the Q.

I chose the Oberwerth and for me it does exactly what I want.  Hold the Q and a few small accessories such batteries, charger, cards, etc.

Is that the Freiburg?

I bought a few ONA bags in different sizes: Bowery, Bond Street, and Brixton.  Also have the small Billingham.  They all fit fine, and I generally put my cellphone and wallet in the bag (sometimes also a small tripod).  Most of the time, I found it easier to simply carry it with a long strap cross body (hood on, no cap).  With fully charge battery and a large card, really don't need anything else to use it for a full day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vedivv said:

I bought a few ONA bags in different sizes: Bowery, Bond Street, and Brixton.  Also have the small Billingham.  They all fit fine, and I generally put my cellphone and wallet in the bag (sometimes also a small tripod).  Most of the time, I found it easier to simply carry it with a long strap cross body (hood on, no cap).  With fully charge battery and a large card, really don't need anything else to use it for a full day.

This. But when I'm traveling - I take my old Wotancraft Avenger - that's the one bag I use to get me there - by plane, train --- because I load up several items into the Avenger - not just camera gear.....

I just received a Peak Design Everyday Sling 6L and I’m loving it. It fits my Q2, M9, one extra lens as well as a medium sized tablet and a bunch of small accessories if I wish. It seems like a bit of a clown car magic trick; it is a lot smaller than it should be considering what it can hold. There is a smaller one as well that would be perfect for just the Q/Q2. 

I have the Billingham Hadley Small, and for a luxury treat I have the Ona Bowrey Leica leather. When the weather is bad, or I need something very practical, I have the Peak Design 6l Sling - fantastic and functional bag. 

Actually, as well as the Billingham 72, I have a peak design 5l everyday sling, it’s my going out bag with space for charger, Q2, Trinovid 8x42 and various other bits and bobs......the peak design stuff is tardis-esque...I’m sure it’s bigger inside than outside 😂😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a good option for the Q2 - the Filson Small Field Bag:  https://www.filson.com/luggage-bags/field-bags/small-rugged-twill-field-bag.html#sku=11070230-fco-000971913

This bag is not padded, but it is made from very thick heavy duty cotton twill material which will protect your camera under normal day to day use circumstances.  It measures 10"x4"x9" and fairly light in weight (2 lbs.).

I cut a piece of 10"x4" closed cell foam from a gardener's kneeling pad to put in the bottom and called it good.  You could also put a Zing 8"x6" neoprene pouch in it for extra padding if you wanted to.

• Like 1

You guys may want to look at this FStop bag.  I moved from an A&A small bag (Q2, batteries & charger) to this bag (Q2, batteries, charger, Sony RX100II, SB-26, Manfrotto Elements tripod).  Tripod drops right in on top of everything else.  Very light bag, well constructed with carry-on roller bag strap for travel.  Removable shoulder strap.  Nice!

Edited by reynoldsyoung

• 2 months later...

An old thread, but just bought the Lowepro Format 120 bag as mentioned in this thread, from a well known online seller - £21-08. Not bad for inflation of four years from the last post. Well padded though not waterproof. The Q fits in like a glove with lens hood and lens cap attached and attached camera strap. One small zipped pocket in lid of bag, and another inside the bag, sufficient to carry batteries, cards, paper pad, cleaning cloth and lens brush. A further open flap pocket in the outside of the bag though of limited usefulness. Perfect at the price.

Edited by jwillyf