Leica Q and the SF40 Flash pictures

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got mine yesterday and it does seem a very nice little unit and easy to use. I really like it with the clip on diffuser which will work well if you want some soft fill light with portraits. Annoying that it costs so much more than the identical Nissan i40

It doesn't come with a full manual but with the help of Jimmy at Leica Mayfair we managed to track down the online copy

https://de.leica-camera.com/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=&subcategory=130174&type=&language=68389.

I had been thinking of trading in my SF 58 for it but I think I will keep it now for the rare times I need extra power and if I want to use a 2 light set-up

• 7 years later...
Am 9.1.2016 um 22:34 schrieb samchyung:

I just got the flash yesterday and one of my concerns is that the TTL/Manual dial is too loose. When I wear a neck strap and walk, the camera naturally swings from side to side which causes the dial to change settings.

Am 10.1.2016 um 01:59 schrieb Martin Fagerås:

Yep, seems pretty loose, i was surprised as well since the mode dial is firm and nice. 

You are both right… the mode dial is fine and the ttl/manual dial is too loose and i am wondering if some day i will loose it. As this thread is pretty old, i want to ask you both if you already had an incident with the dial (e.g. fallen off) or it is still okay.?