Leica Q EVF color fringe?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received my Q yesterday and am very pleased with it! My second Leica after my good old M4.

However I have problems getting the EVF really sharp: everything bright seem to have a red color fringe around it. Especially strong contrast objects like the exposure data at the bottom (white numbers on black background). I tried to adjust the diopter wheel but never get rid of it, and I don't get this sharp EVF feeling. It looks like strong chromatic aberration, I am thinking about EVF lens miss alignment.
I had two Leica Q in my hands some months ago and haven't noticed this, and now I don't have access to another one to compare... 

Anyone else has noticed this?

I received my Q yesterday and am very pleased with it! My second Leica after my good old M4.

However I have problems getting the EVF really sharp: everything bright seem to have a red color fringe around it. Especially strong contrast objects like the exposure data at the bottom (white numbers on black background). I tried to adjust the diopter wheel but never get rid of it, and I don't get this sharp EVF feeling. It looks like strong chromatic aberration, I am thinking about EVF lens miss alignment.
I had two Leica Q in my hands some months ago and haven't noticed this, and now I don't have access to another one to compare... 

Anyone else has noticed this?

Yup. I noticed that on mine too. Not sure if there's any real issues with it.

No offense :-) Bus no it is not the focus peaking, it behaves on the all screen.

And now I have compared with a Sony A7, it is way sharper... I will see if I can send it back to Leica and will post back here. It is a shame because the output files are perfect, and the back LCD is very sharp...

Edited by Samfauch