Which single focal length do you shoot ?

miro

FL choice depends on personal preferences of course. Most people "see" in 35, 40 or 50mm so if they have an M8 they will choose a 24, 28, 35 or 40mm lens accordingly. As a 50mm lover, my favorite lenses on M8.2 are Biogon 35/2.8 in good light, Summilux 35/1.4 FLE in low light and a late Summilux 35/1.4 pre-asph for soft portraits. FWIW.

I do use more than one FL on my M8 but

most often it's the 24mm Elmarit.  

Recently, I acquired a 25mm CV

Though slow, the IQ is excellent and

the size is lovely-small compared to

the Elmarit.

My best wishes for 2016 to everyone on the Forum

• 1 month later...

21/2.8 Kobalux but for a reason.  My M8 is now mainly used for infra-red photography and the 21 Kobalux is an excellent infra-red lens that's fast enough wide open to allow it to be handheld in reasonable light and has no IR hotspot.

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any of my numerous brands LTM's.  All low contrast, all beautifully made...I use them all. Sometimes Visoflex III with or without bellows, or OUAGO mit 90mm lens head.

I do my M8 photography for fun.

Often though Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 classic (lower contrast)..if I'm not using my Voigtlander 15mm...often my Leica Summicron 50mm collapsible (one of the first)..or...or.. 

If I want easy, sharp and contrasty with heavy autofocus lenses...well I use my Fuji X E-1.

I might appear confused :wacko:.  In a nutshell depends what I'm photographing. 

cheers  Dave S