best way to focus a Leica M wide open - fast

frogfish

Hello Everybody,

I agree with Tailwagger in his Post #13, this Thread: I find that rotating the camera/lens about 45 degrees counterclockwise when focusing becomes complex can sometimes be helpful. 

Sometimes it is helpful when you are in a hurry. Sometimes it is helpful when it is just difficult to focus.

I think that the reason that 45 degree rotated focusing sometimes makes focusing easier is: When a person moves the image: left to right/right to left OR down/up: The 2 rangefinder images are moving in 1 direction only. When the camera/lens is rotated 45 degrees then the 2 previously mentioned sets of rangefinder images appear to move, converge & meet from different directions simultaneously.  

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht
  • Like 1

As for a month ago I was official photographer for an event and my Canon 1Dx broke -power supply board problem. During the whole week I shot with my M + 35mm. It was great. During the day I had no problem at all.

In the dance clubs at night it was more painful ; hard to focus when people dance and when light is really low :-(

Best,

Franck