Why are Leica (240) M-Ps listed as SLR

michaelayres

Same reason some of the sellers on eBay list them as SLR's, they are not photographers and are unfamiliar with what they are adverstising.   :)

Even if they have a good price, It would be really hard for me to get comfortable with somebody selling their so-called new or low mileage camera when they are unaware of how to name what they are selling.  Makes me wonder. :)  Reminds me of some of the bad novels I have read where the author refers to one of the contemporary character's weapon as an automatic revolver.

Edited by Schrödinger's cat
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses, which confirm my suspicion that Amazon has default descriptions and or sellers might not know what they have. But, for someone selling a high 4 digit $ item, you might think they would do better. I too am hesitant on trying to save money by going on-line for a M-P I am considering, given the costs, thinking brand new from a Leica store here in San Francisco, though top dollar, will have some reliability and a dealer to work with, training, and classes and all. It's a big step to drop that much money for a non pro shooter like me.