New T Accessories

FYI..

From Leica...

"There are third parties offering a strap system for neck and wrist straps for the Leica T camera (e.g. Match Technical T-Strap Lug Kit).  These products can cause severe damage to the Leica T camera. 

Those damages will not be covered by the camera warranty and/or the Leica Camera Guarantee, because legally they do not apply to damages caused by third party products.

Due to this fact, Leica Camera AG will not cover any of the costs for damages that might occur due to these third party products.

For the avoidance of customer care problems, we strongly recommend to use the original straps only."

Advertisement (gone after registration)

FYI..

From Leica...

"There are third parties offering a strap system for neck and wrist straps for the Leica T camera (e.g. Match Technical T-Strap Lug Kit).  These products can cause severe damage to the Leica T camera. 

Those damages will not be covered by the camera warranty and/or the Leica Camera Guarantee, because legally they do not apply to damages caused by third party products.

Due to this fact, Leica Camera AG will not cover any of the costs for damages that might occur due to these third party products.

For the avoidance of customer care problems, we strongly recommend to use the original straps only."

Was that a reply from Leica Wetzlar or somewhere in Asia?

I asked the question to Match Technical about this issue, and this is the response I got. 

After the introduction of my T-Strap Lug Kits, Leica posted the message you sent to me on their LFI website. (Aug 2014)

The early production Leica T cameras, and perhaps even those for sale today, included one of the T-Lug mounting hole that was slightly smaller than the other. This resulted in one my T-Lug Kit pins becoming stuck in the smaller mounting hole.

Since then, I have produced the pins to a smaller diameter to accommodate the two sizes of the mounting holes on the Leica T. All of the T-Lug pins I now produce will fit all of the Leica T cameras, both recent and original production.

You might also like to know that my T-Lug Strap Kits are now sold by most Leica Stores and Boutiques around the world.

I provide to you here a link to the LFI Magazine online shop. LFI as you may already know is basically the voice of Leica and is owned by Leica AG.

You may also search most Leica Store websites to find similar offerings.

I hope this alleviates any concerns you may have.

I asked them again how could I know if I have the right lugs that are not going to damage my camera. I am waiting for their response, and as soon as I have, I will post it in this thread!

• Like 1

As a followup about this issue, I would like to inform everyone  that I did receive a reply to my second email, re-assuring me about the quality and the safety of these lugs, and I feel much better mow! :)

I also compared the lugs that came with T and the lugs made by "Match Technical"; they seem very similar and are the same size!

I think I can sleep better now! ;)

• Like 1

As posted on Leica Hong Kong website:

http://www.leica-store.hk/en/news_d.php?id=103

Truth be told, I have not seen the lug pins by Leica or others and am not questioning the quality or fit or purpose. I have been searching for such lug pins to allow me to use a simple wrist strap as I do not like hanging my camera around my neck. I have been to a number of Leica stores and boutiques around Asia and have not seen said lug pins. As such, at the moment I am using a case that allows me to use my wrist strap. 

And if the integrity of the lug pins is under scrutiny, then a decent case might be the answer.

I've been using the tyre rubber supplied strap, it works, but I don't like it. I also have the genuine wrist strap, and again, it is awful.

If I wasn't so miserable I'd hack the wrist-strap and use the metal fittings to bond with a better wrist strap.

Hmmmm, might go look at doing just that.

Gary

And if the integrity of the lug pins is under scrutiny, then a decent case might be the answer.

I've been using the tyre rubber supplied strap, it works, but I don't like it. I also have the genuine wrist strap, and again, it is awful.

If I wasn't so miserable I'd hack the wrist-strap and use the metal fittings to bond with a better wrist strap.

Hmmmm, might go look at doing just that.

Gary

There are a couple of postings on the Internet on how to do this. Sadly I failed on getting it done. I have the original rubber neck strap, a rubber wrist strap that I got to try and modify (failed) and even the adjustable rubber strap. Basically, I just could not get the pins out to remove the rubber strap. It looks easy, but it is not that easy. 

My current setup...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

TWO T's???

Nice setup(s).

Case(s) do exactly as I figured, save using the lugs etc, and provide better all round protection. Very nice.

Gary

Yeah, Leica in Asia were having a sale in Hong Kong and Seoul. The discounts given were very good. Ended up with 2 T and a d-lux typ 109. :)

Edited by TheHobbit
  • Like 1

TWO T's???

Nice setup(s).

Case(s) do exactly as I figured, save using the lugs etc, and provide better all round protection. Very nice.

Gary

I love it!  Two Ts!  Been tempted to get a second one myself.  Not that I need it but just because like this camera a lot!  Am holding out though to see what the next T will be.  Think reading between the lines, will be a higher resolution sensor.  Hope they keep the same body design.

I love it!  Two Ts!  Been tempted to get a second one myself.  Not that I need it but just because like this camera a lot!  Am holding out though to see what the next T will be.  Think reading between the lines, will be a higher resolution sensor.  Hope they keep the same body design.

Based on current Leica product life cycle, I am guessing 2017 before we see a new T? And just like you, I am hoping that they keep the same body design.

• Like 1