New T Accessories

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Now, the real question is: is it "better", "safer", or "stronger" than the other one?...

I won't be able to compare them as I don't have both. I was about to go with match one's and these came out and slightly cheaper and better delivery options, so wasn't hard decision given the location and price

I use them tomorrow for a real world usage, hopefully it will be better than silicone one

Edited by can-photo

I've finally decided I cannot use the silicone wrist-strap any longer, and will use a leather one instead.

How to mount this though? I had thought of the new soon to be released Leica "posts", but when I clicked on the link ( http://leicastoremiami.com/products/leica-strap-lug-leica-t-silver#a_aid=4ec1e34531802 ) to see what the price was, and when they were available, I decided against this. I may still go back to PopFlash as per the link by Louis.

Failing that, I will see if I can use the post that is part of the wrist-strap, it is cheaper than the genuine article, and in fact IS the genuine article.

Gary

Gary, you mount them exactly like the ones that came with your camera. In the Match Technical box, you also have a pin to remove any lug; as the same as the one that came with your camera. These lugs function exactly the same way, but with your own wrist or neck strap. ... I put them next to the ones that came with my T, and they look exactly the same!

I have been using them since last year when I bought my camera, and never had any problem, what so ever!... The only thing is when I am using large and heavy zoom lenses; I am not sure how safe these lugs, or any other lugs, are!... But in the other hand, when I have a large and heavy lens on the camera, I always hold the camera by the lens since I don't want to damage the camera lens mount with heavy stuff, either!... Therefore, I believe there is no problem, and I don't think made in China is better than made in USA! ;) Maybe, they are both made by the same people after all! ;)

Edited by Louis2
  • Like 1

I won't be able to compare them as I don't have both. I was about to go with match one's and these came out and slightly cheaper and better delivery options, so wasn't hard decision given the location and price

I use them tomorrow for a real world usage, hopefully it will be better than silicone one

You'll be happy to get rid of the silicone rubber strap.

• Like 1

Well, I've tried, gently, to remove the "post" from my silicone wrist-strap, to no avail.

It is firmly attached to the strap, and try as I did, I didn't want to wreck anything unnecessarily.

I'll leave the strap as is, and buy a set of "posts" as Louis suggested.

Anyone want just one, I only need one, and could easily go 50/50 in a set if someone else wanted just one for a wrist-strap?

Gary

Well, I've tried, gently, to remove the "post" from my silicone wrist-strap, to no avail.

It is firmly attached to the strap, and try as I did, I didn't want to wreck anything unnecessarily.

I'll leave the strap as is, and buy a set of "posts" as Louis suggested.

Anyone want just one, I only need one, and could easily go 50/50 in a set if someone else wanted just one for a wrist-strap?

Gary

Save the second one.

And slick postage too, arrived today and is in use on the T. Wrist-strap that is more ergonomic is a pleasure to use.

Very happy, and PopFlash did an exceptional job.

Gary

I am glad you like using these lugs. And, Popflash is, indeed, a very helpful and trustworthy web-store. The two guys over there are always doing their best to satisfy the customers, regardless of what you are buying or how much you are spending!...  

Edited by Louis2
  • Like 2