Firmware upgrade bug: TL shortcut not displaying in EVF

Ron Weissman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This bug has appeared in my SL (latest firmware upgrade) and in my dealer's similarly upgraded SL (Leica Store SF). And I have used multiple lenses with this same buggy result, so it is not a lens-related issue.

The TL button does not display its results in the EVF. One must press TL and look at the rear display and THEN move your eye to the EVF to see the results. I've tried TL = ISO and TL = Lens List with exactly the same results, as has my dealer. With one's eye to the EVF, a  two long TL button press shows nothing but the normal EVF view of the scene about to be photographed. Removing one's eye, looking through the rear screen, then pressing TL, confirming the right display on the rear screen and then moving one's eye to the EVF is the only way to view the shortcut through the EVF. (E.g., you can't use this shortcut while operating the camera normally, using the EVF continuously.)

Having confirmed this bug on two different bodies using different lenses, my dealer is reporting this bug to Leica Support. As I receive further information, I'll post it here.

All other shortcut buttons work as they are supposed to, e.g., a press reveals the desired screen in the EVF without any issue.

Anyone else witness this behavior and/or have a solution?

Corrected version--spell checker went crazy

This bug has appeared in my SL (latest firmware upgrade) and in my dealer's similarly upgraded SL (Leica Store SF). And I have used multiple lenses with this same buggy result, so it is not a lens-related issue.

The TL button does not display its results in the EVF. One must press TL and look at the rear display and THEN move your eye to the EVF to see the results. I've tried TL = ISO and TL = Lens List with exactly the same results, as has my dealer. With one's eye to the EVF, a  long TL button press shows nothing but the normal EVF view of the scene about to be photographed. Removing one's eye, looking through the rear screen, then pressing TL, confirming the right display on the rear screen and then moving one's eye to the EVF is the only way to view the shortcut through the EVF. (E.g., you can't use this shortcut while operating the camera normally, using the EVF continuously.)

Having confirmed this bug on two different bodies using different lenses, my dealer is reporting this bug to Leica Support. As I receive further information, I'll post it here.

All other shortcut buttons work as they are supposed to, e.g., a press reveals the desired screen in the EVF without any issue.

Anyone else witness this behavior and/or have a solution?