Who likes the provided strap what alternatives are there ?

rfunnell

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got my strap from Harry a couple of days ago!  Love it!  As an extra he added to leather covered screws as alternative to the uncovered metal screws.  Waiting for the handgrip from Leica to be available.  Should balance body and lenses better.  Understand that availability is delayed to autumn this year.

Yes he added leather to cover metal screw, I love the idea..can't wait to receive mine.. ;)

Below is my Angelo Pelle strap.

26184279471_8ef01aded7_k.jpgL1002319 by sillbeers15, on Flickr

Looking good sillbeer but I love leather, Harry's brogue SL has all leather..

Tie Her Up strap - Rock n Roll for Leica SL (excuse the iPhone pic)

I bought a 'Tie Her Up - Rock n Roll' strap for my SL in the longer 125cm size (I'm 6ft tall) - but it's too long and the camera hangs at waist level; it's a well designed strap but I should have chosen the shorter 100cm version. There is no means of shortening the strap so I use it as a 'sling' instead of as a neck-strap.

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

For those who switch from handheld to tripod (or who might like a wrist strap on occasion), Optech's Super Classic straps (uni-loop and/or Pro models) provide easy detachment and conversion via clip-ins.  I don't like straps dangling from a tripod...for these, the connector stays attached to the lug, but the strap easily disconnects.

They are also light, nondescript, with a fairly comfortable and flexible 2 inch shoulder pad (that can also be detached).  I use them for my recently purchased S, but would work equally well on the SL.  Maybe not the most elegant or sexy straps, but maybe the most functional....if flexibility is important.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

• 1 month later...

My brogue SL just arrived today..what can i say, it's the best looking strap I've ever seen for SL. Some reviews out there about Harry Benz strap not kidding, it's very comfortable, not stiff and not digging into your shoulder. I'm a happy customer  ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

After a few iterations, Harry Benz has crafted just the right setup for me too. The setup is his La Cravate Brogue hand strap with a slightly thinner, 8.8cm long attachment piece and a leather-covered bolt. It threads through the right-hand neck strap eyelet; the strap goes down between the camera body and my hand, loop around my wrist, providing a lovely feel and full mobility for my fingers on the camera body. It comes on and off my wrist quickly while also being secure in the event I lose my grip on the camera. And it doesn't get in the way when I fit the camera to a tripod. It doesn't get in the way as I take the camera in and out of a bag either. 

Harry's leather and workmanship is outstanding. He's now including the original 5.5cm and the longer 8.8cm attachment pieces as well as the leather-covered bolt with all La Cravate Brogue hand straps. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm very pleased with my black Dsptch heavy duty strap 

https://www.dsptch.com/collections/straps/products/heavy-camera-sling-strap-black-1

I have a very long trunk and even at that, I can hang the strap around my neck and have the camera just below my waist.  Purchased new 3 years ago and used with my M240, and now the SL.  Strap ends clip off allowing untangled tripod use. No scratching and easy mounting to the camera body.

It's not expensive, it's not leather, but it's durable and it works.

I'm very pleased with my black Dsptch heavy duty strap 

https://www.dsptch.com/collections/straps/products/heavy-camera-sling-strap-black-1

I have a very long trunk and even at that, I can hang the strap around my neck and have the camera just below my waist.  Purchased new 3 years ago and used with my M240, and now the SL.  Strap ends clip off allowing untangled tripod use. No scratching and easy mounting to the camera body.

It's not expensive, it's not leather, but it's durable and it works.

Looks like Peak design strap, same price range but Peak has lot better design and practicality.

I've been looking straps for my SL months before I found Harry's strap. Few of them are good but I love all leather so this one suit me well.

Looks like Peak design strap, same price range but Peak has lot better design and practicality.

Actually it's much closer in concept to the OP/TECH Super Classic strap, both of which attach to the camera's stap lugs, with quick detach ends for tripod use.  The Peak Design straps, I think, connect at one end to the camera QR plate.  Not pretty like Peak, but very practical and flexible design (with alternate lengths and connectors available).  BTW, the OP/TECH is about half the price of the dsptch strap.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

Does it have hooks for handgrenades?

Grenades, yes, both hand tossed and rocket propelled... :D Seriously, very comfortable to carry 2 SL's one with the 24-90 and one with the 90-280 and leaves you hand free if the terrain warrants. I hiked for a week in death valley with this set-up and it was the only way I could have done it.

Edited by CBM_Photo

My brogue SL just arrived today..what can i say, it's the best looking strap I've ever seen for SL. Some reviews out there about Harry Benz strap not kidding, it's very comfortable, not stiff and not digging into your shoulder. I'm a happy customer  ;)

Vey nice strap. Please can you give information about the camera protector. It seems to fit very well

I have purchased a strap from Barber Shop Bags. Very nice italian quality with good leather and finish.

See their website: http://www.barbershopbags.com/en/straps/

Attached some closeups of the strap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Put me down as someone incredibly pleased with the black Brogue strap from Harry Benz.  It is ingeniously engineered, gorgeously crafted, and I can tell immediately that it will work.  Though I haven't taken it out on a long hike in the Tetons (next week), it is clear how well it is suited for carrying either on the shoulder, around the neck, or wrapped around my hand.  Did I mention it's beautiful? It is. 

I find that the most satisfying system begins with a appealing strap, then work backwards to find the camera which looks best with it. So far, Hasselblad's Lunar offers the greatest potential. Remember, it is not how good a camera is, but how good it looks and how good you look with it. Be sure to coordinate your wardrobe!

* Pico's preloaded SD cards of prestigious images available upon request.

Edited by pico
  • Like 1