At home on a winter's evening.

ehecatl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few months ago, despite all the warnings I'd read online regarding focusing issues, I purchased a Canon 50 f1.2 LTM lens off Ebay. Of course, it had focusing issues. Wide open, it wouldn't focus to infinitiy, and once I stopped down to f 8 or so, it would finally focus correctly. However, since I occasionally like a challenge, and I looked at the lens as a beater, I decided to try to my hand at fixing it. Long story short,  at f1.2, I can focus correctly only at 1 meter, it won't focus to infinity, but at f2.8, it focuses correctly. So, there's an improvement. I also sort of figured out how to guesstimate the focus by focusing correctly and then bringing it a bit out of focus again. It's weird, but it sometimes works.

I continue to experiment with the lens, though I haven't sat down to take it apart again. 

Here's a photo of a friend of mine and her dog, hanging out on a cool evening at home. 

Leica M9. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I have this lens. You used it on an M9?! how you focus it?

LTM to M adapter but get one which brings up the 90mm frame lines … lots available including original Leitz and independent makes. But you'll need to make allowance for the different 90mm and 100mm fields of view - or use a 100mm viewfinder. 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 2

LTM to M adapter but get one which brings up the 90mm frame lines … lots available including original Leitz and independent makes. But you'll need to make allowance for the different 90mm and 100mm fields of view - or use a 100mm viewfinder. 

dunk

dunk,

Why would you need a 28-90 LTM-M adaptor if it's a 50/1.2 lens?  I used my Canon 50/1.2 lens when I had my M9 and it worked as it should with a 50-75 LTM-M adaptor; with a 28-90 you'd need to guesstimate where the edges of the frame are or am I overlooking something obvious?

S, 

A very pleasant soft-focus portrait.

Pete.