New 1.2 firmware on Leica website but access forbidden

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The new V1.2 (mistyped as V2.1) is up on the Leica Website but when you click on it, you get a 403 access forbidden error. Is it embargoed until a certain time of day?

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw

The image seems appropriate.  

I just finished checking the lens profiles for several R lenses.  The APO-SC-R 90, the APO-Elmarit-R 100, and the Super-Elmarit-R 15 all look way off.  But I'll wait to see if the new firmware addresses these lenses.  I saw no big problems with the Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4.0 or the Macro-Elmarit-R 60, and Godfrey reports that the pre-APO 90 is fine.  Those are lenses which Jono shot with all summer on his prototype SL, so I expect those have been at least initially attended to.  But unless release 1.2 fixes the profiles for the first three that I list, I recommend that you turn lens ID off when using them.

scott 

I found that I have had to copy the FW update file to a blank SD card. It would not run from the root directory of my normal card, saying it could not find an FW update file. I checked and it was definitely sitting on the root directory along with my profiles export. 

Wilson

Paul,

Where are you setting mag to joystick? When I go into AE/AF customisation for manual focus I only see the same 5 options as we had before. Do you have to have a manual focus lens mounted? 

I just finished checking the lens profiles for several R lenses.  The APO-SC-R 90, the APO-Elmarit-R 100, and the Super-Elmarit-R 15 all look way off.  But I'll wait to see if the new firmware addresses these lenses.  I saw no big problems with the Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4.0 or the Macro-Elmarit-R 60, and Godfrey reports that the pre-APO 90 is fine.  Those are lenses which Jono shot with all summer on his prototype SL, so I expect those have been at least initially attended to.  But unless release 1.2 fixes the profiles for the first three that I list, I recommend that you turn lens ID off when using them.

scott 

Hi Scott

In what way "way off"? I don't have any of those lenses, but I have to say I didn't find problems with the lens I do have (50 'cron, 60 elmarit, 35-70 f4, 80-200 f4) 

Is this in Lightroom?

Oddly, a short press on the BL button still brings up focus mag: successive presses toggle through low mag, full mag and no mag. The joystick press toggles just full mag and no mag.

This looks like a quick and dirty update to address immediate issues without following through on the consequences.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

1.2 Release notes say:

_ Improved handling for MF lenses: AE/AF Lock button now zooms into 100% instead of AE Lock function to << Not English, but does AE/AF Lock button = joystick?

_ Improved of overall image quality for ISO 50 - ISO 400    <<< Does this mean less banding?

_ Improved L-Log curve for use for internal 8bit video recordings

_ Improved overall image quality of the viewfinder << What does this mean?  It was vg already

_ Bug fix: correct EXIF Data for use of R-lenses

_ Bug fix: length of Wi-Fi passwords extended

You can find an updated list of SD card compatibility on the LEICA SL website, section technical data: http://sl.leica-camera.com << Anyone found this compatibility list?