Brand new Leica SL with firmware 1.2 installed

cdg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is how Sony/Canon etc. do it. However I think Leica only has one main site from which you can download software. Certainly Leica doesn't even have an Australian web site at all.

Gordon

The Leica USA website is definitely not the same thing as the Leica AG website, although they contain the same information. 

It is rather unusual to share information like this through the dealer network.

That may be because Leica wanted any SLs in stock to be updated before sale, rather than wait for those purchasers to hear about the update.  BTW, let's hope they update at least the electronic copy of the instruction manual.  

scott

• Like 1

Actually when  go to leica-camera.com I am annoyingly linked through to us.leica-camera.com and have to change my country of origin to Germany to get the German version. Clearly the same site.

I'll have to clear all cookies one day :(

I don't really feel like sitting around analyzing Leica's web sites or how they structure the 'sites per region. Or complaining about "how long does it take?" either. It's a waste of time. 

Large companies tend to take time deploying to their websites, that's all, due to the complications of internal infrastructure. I know that certainly my company does. If you're too impatient to wait three more days,  I can't help you with that. 

That alone was worth it to me. Really loving this thing....

It works fine to jump to 1:1 for shorter focal length lenses, but going to 1:1 with lenses as long as 90mm or more is too much for me due to the jitter that puts in the image due to camera motion. I wish it worked the way the standard magnification button does, allowing two steps to the magnification.