Leica T App update - DNG + JPEG now possible!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just noticed an update for the Leica T app on my iPhone. Major change is the ability to upload DNG + JPG (and iOS 9 support).

I haven't tested it yet but wanted to share the news.

Thank you Leica!

Edited by Guest

Oops. This has been possible but is still listed as major change. I need to look before I leap...

Cheers

How does one enable to upload or download DNG using the T-App? I have updated but I am still foxed as to how to do it, all I saw was downloaded to my iPhone was the test jpg, but no the ing that i did.

How does one enable to upload or download DNG using the T-App? I have updated but I am still foxed as to how to do it, all I saw was downloaded to my iPhone was the test jpg, but no the ing that i did.

The issue was not to download DNG to an iPhone or an iPad. The bug was that the camera itself did not store DNG files when is was remote controlled by the T app, there were only JPGs available on the T's memory (internal or SD card). This bug has been solved.

The issue was not to download DNG to an iPhone or an iPad. The bug was that the camera itself did not store DNG files when is was remote controlled by the T app, there were only JPGs available on the T's memory (internal or SD card). This bug has been solved.

Thanks Michael now I understand will check that out.

I tried it today:

1. it does not connect, maybe after 10 minutes of searching

2. you have to "add" the WiFi net and it's security in the camera

3. you have to "manage" the connection in the Camera WiFi settings.

All in all, very impractical: say you are in a location and you have to do all that, and ask for passwords that nobody will know: the day is over before you can at last use this app.

Edit: I gave up.

Edited by LexS

I gave up as well.

I am actually now considering the lightning cable to SD card  to copy the photos. It just feels a lot more reliable connection (unlikely to break on software updates), and can also do jpg and raw copy. Also it doesn't need any network!

Yes it costs some, but overall experience and time not wasted will pay off I think!

I tried it.

I get a message that says Transport Utility will not load. Requires a secure connection. Same on the iPad.

the camera connects to my secure network just fine. The App is what's at issue.

Edited by jdlaing

I sent Leica Germany an email, and a week later I got an email saying thanks. Is probably a good indication why a simple app doesn't work! The wifi connectivity was one if the main reasons I plumbed for this camera.

I did not even receive any reply!

I come more and more to the conclusion that Leica does not take its T customers as important and serious.

• Like 1