Vienna One Challenge Results

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am delighted to announce that the winner of this year's One Challenge is John Goerten (satijntje). John was awarded 17% of all the votes and was a clear winner with a score of 57. It was a close call for second between Lars Valk and Carsten Dannat with 33 and 31 points respectively.

Every entry scored points this year.

So, congratulations to John - I will be sending him the prize fund of €270 just as soon as I can remember the password to my paypal account :) [Edit: prize money sent]

The Top Ten shots were:

3 Animal_lover John Goerten 57 17%
2 Donau City Lars Valk 33 10%
8 DarkThoughts Carsten Dannat 31 9%
11 11 12 Carl Bretteville 25 7%
4 Street walking Wolfgang Esslinger 22 6%
16 LicensedToWearAWatch Simon Leech 19 6%
21 Viennese Cafe Culture Pete Farnsworth 19 6%
5 The Third Manhole Andy Barton 18 5%
6 Accordions Philippe Octo 17 5%
20 Hawelka Veronique Dobrusskin 15 4%

Thanks again to everyone who attended and participated and made this another hugely enjoyable weekend.

I will sort the Night Challenge winners as soon as I can and I know that people like to know which shot was taken with what equipment, so I will follow up with all that later too.

• Like 1

Well, my best congratulations to John for the winning picture and to Lars and Carsten for the runner-ups.

Finally my congratulations to all participants for contributing to this remarkable gallery.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I had.

Cheers

Stefan

• Like 4

Well done John. Congratulations!

To Lars and Carsten, your fine entries deserved such a good outcome, I congratulate you both as well.

To all participants, I regret I was unable to be there to stir you up but I sincerely enjoyed all entries. My voting was very difficult. I could have chosen many of you.

Be on notice for Portugal. I have a long distance hope of making it, then let the competition (and fun)  begin!

• Like 4

Congratulations to John!  And to Carsten, of course.  Thank you all for your kind words.

One of our co-competitors and extremely nice personality invited me to join him to Donau City.  It is part of Vienna and houses the university, student housing blocks and a number of large office buildings.  I guess it is very lively in the week, not so on the weekend. Lots of concrete, no people. Very limited landscape.  Therefor, your appreciation has an extra dimension.  Thank you.

To Andy: Once more thank you very much!

• Like 4

Dear Leica friends,

thanks for all those kind words, and congratulations to Lars and Carsten for your silver and bronze medals!

There were many excellent pictures this year, and I'm really proud to be the winner this year.

The "animal lover?" picture was taken at the Naschmarkt in Vienna.

I had asked the lady with her doggy if I was allowed to take a picture of her.
She had to ask her husband :-) , and after he agreed  I could take my snap.

My 8yo twins helped me to choose the one and only out of the 36 to upload.

My wife had the idea for the title, with the question mark as you will have recognized!
Sometimes its better to get an outside opinion :-)

As I would like to continue with the tradition, I will round up the price an will make a donation to the Support association of the
Franziskus school in Irrel (http://www.franziskus-schule-irrel.de) to financially support children from lower income
families to allow them to join school class trips.

Thanks again to Andy for the perfect organization, and I'm looking forward meeting all of you in Lisbon next year!

John

• Like 12

Thank you John, and I am sure that the donation to the charity will be very well received. It's good to know that we are all supporting a good cause when we are having a fun weekend.

For those of you who like to know what was taken with what, here is the schedule of equipment. I promise that I will get to the Night Challenge results next!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Congratulations to John, Lars and Carsten and to the runners up, I particularly had a difficult time choosing my favourites for you are all winners. One photograph stood out though for a number of reasons and as we can now see it was made by an interesting camera, namely Photo number 9 - the wheel. But what interests me is how it was printed, for printed it has been - that's no "shopped" picture may we be enlightened as to it's creation?

I'd be interested...

Charles

• Like 5

Congrats to John & Lars and the rest of the bunch who went with us on a sunny Saturday to participate in Vienna's One Challenge 2015. Thank you for all your votes for "Dark Thoughts" which has been taken two streets away from Naschmarkt.

Many thanks to Andy for the organization as well, it went as smooth as always. We have enjoyed our stay in Vienna despite having some rainy days. Vienna is such an interesting city worth to be visited more often.

Looking forward to Lisboa 2016!

Carsten

• Like 3

Hallo,

Gratulation an Alle !  

und ich freue mich schon auf die nächste Ausgabe von wundervollen Fotos und spannenden Ergebnissen

Hello,

congratulations to all !
i am looking forward to the next edition of wonderful photos and great results

:)

• Like 4