Jump to content

Your Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) Pictures (10mm to 21mm)


hiepphotog

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, astrostl said:

Looks a lot like Wadi Rum, Jordan to me but I'm biased. M10 + 21 SEM here.

 

It is and looks like it is getting more and more popular with each visit.

240+wate

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wadi Rum is without question the most other-worldly place I've seen on this world. It's no wonder that it's the go-to filming location for a MARS setting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, astrostl said:

Wadi Rum is without question the most other-worldly place I've seen on this world. It's no wonder that it's the go-to filming location for a MARS setting.

With all those people and vehicles, I'd walk away in the opposite direction!

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

With all those people and vehicles, I'd walk away in the opposite direction!

But the local tour guides usually know the best vantage point and that's probably where all the tourists were lead to before sunset.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, justj said:

But the local tour guides usually know the best vantage point and that's probably where all the tourists were lead to before sunset.

Yes, I realise that and I understand why people want to be there having gone to some effort and expense even if it means being there en masse and not being bothered about taking the same photographs as millions of others have done before them.  It's just not for me.

I had a  much worse experience in The Valley of The Kings and Karnak in 2020 where thousands of people were being herded along by their Guides .  When my wife and I went back alone few hours later we had these places to ourselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...