Your Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) Pictures (10mm to 21mm)

hiepphotog

Just to save you guys some time. You don't need to sell me on the WATE, I have had one. I only got rid of it because I did not like the Frankenfinder arrangement on RF cameras (I had M4/8/9 at the time. You will NOT sell me on a Voigtlander. My experience of Voigtlanders has been dire. 4 bought, 2 rubbish, one poor and one adequate (the 15/4,5). You don't need to sell me on the SEM's. I already have an 18SEM. 

I have decided I would not use the 15/2.8 ZM enough and I had to make a decision by today, as someone else wanted to buy it (so I was told). The price was in euros so for me had gone up by 7% today anyway, after the idiots ("I don like all these 'ere bleeding furriners") voted to leave the EU. I will just soldier on with the excellent 18SEM. In reality my lens budget is already busted this year after the purchase of the 90-280SL. 

I was lucky that I bought my tickets out to Chiang Rai in Thailand and back from Yangon, Myanmar yesterday, for the classic car rally I am doing in November, as the price went up 10% today. 

Wilson

Couldn't agree more, I am amazed how irresponsible people are when it comes to making decisions on our country, Bl**dy Borris who paid a wild card all about being 'king' and I don't think even he has thought it through, if the banking centre moves out of London we have erm... erm... not sure what left. I live 100 miles form London, don't particularly like it and have zero interest in banking.... But I would not kill the golden goose. Lets hope sanity comes through and we can play our cards well to retain most of these services. I have already seen fist hand negative decisions made following Brexit.

Any way off my soap box and back to wide angles !

Britain will be just fine; if anyone can weather such a change, she will. There's a reason that the European banking center was never Paris or Brussels or Milan or Frankfurt or Madrid. The fundamentals will not in the long run change despite the stürm und Drang at the moment. And a little revolt for the Brussels mandarins to contemplate is a good thing for the body politic. They are in practical terms accountable to no one. 

And I wouldn't bet on the euro. That 15 will be quite affordable soon enough. 

**************************************************************************************************

back from the digression...

That's a wonderful image of the Sagrada Familia! I was tempted by the CV 15 v.III; has the QC been that atrocious? 

Also wondering about then upcoming 12 and 10mm Voigtländers too but can't seem to find commentary beyond a few low-resolution images here and there.

Edited by Hayek
  • Like 3

I do hope you're right - but sitting in London at the moment this feels like a disaster - and all completely unnecessary. The worst moment for the UK, politically speaking, in my lifetime. As a colleague said on Friday morning - "This feels like a death."

More cheerfully - I don't use the CV 15iii all that often, but I greatly enjoy it when i do. You have to be careful of angles and perspectives, but that's half the fun, and the IQ of mine is excellent. I recently bought the CV 21/4 as it was an irresistible bargain - while being pretty wide it's a lot more 'normal' than the 15 and requires less managing - I like it a lot. Much though I'd like a WATE I know I'd find the Frankenfinder an excrescence on my M9, so it's just as well that I can't afford it. Incidentally, using these WAs with their obligatory external finders has shown me how much easier and more accurate it is to frame with them, rather than with the rangefinder, so much so that I even have one now for my 28 - a huge improvement in framing. Perhaps I should get one for my 35 too.  :)

Christopher

CV 15:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Musotographer
  • Like 13

CV 21/4 (very slightly cropped):

• Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No, it's Naples, a corner of the Piazza del Plebiscito with Vesuvius in the distance. The first one is Naples too, the Gesu Nuovo.

The 21/4's corners may be less good than on, say, the SEM 21, but given the diminutive size and the very low cost, it doesn't worry me too much. I rarely look at the corners anyway.  :)

Just recently acquired a used 21 SEM in mint condition which produced the image below (looking SE from the top of Ben Klibreck, Sutherland, Scotland towards Loch Shin)

• Like 12

Another 21 SEM image of the lighthouse at Dunnet Head looking towards Hoy, Orkney Islands

• Like 5

VC15 III, M 246, IR715 Filter, f11, 3 Sec., 320 ASA

• Like 2

Here is one from Torres del Paine National Park in Chile.  The rock buttress on the right is called the Cornices.  The large mountain in the background is the Paine Grande flanked on its right by the Three Towers with an Andean Condor above and to the left.

The colors of light are just astonishing in Patagonia.

Leica SL, Wide Angle Tri-Elmar @ 16mm, ISO 50, f/8, 1/60s

- Jared

• Like 11

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona (M9 + Tri-Elmar 16mm)

• Like 11

Cathedral, Granada, Spain (M9 + Tri-Elmar 16mm)

• Like 9

Cathedral Santa Maria, Segovia, Spain (M240 + Tri-Elmar 16mm)

• Like 7

Monasterio de San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain (M240 + Tri-Elmar 16mm)

Edited by jannes
  • Like 7