hiepphotog

Your Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) Pictures (10mm to 21mm)

7 hours ago, epand56 said:

Please how did you manage to avoid the Italian flag with this lens on the M240?
My CV 15 v. II always features a red stripe on the right side.

I use flat field processing on LR. It is one click processing. All you have to do is to supply the flat field sample pic. I created one for myself by shooting a uniform white subject with my lens coded as 21mm. You should use the same coding for flat field sample and your actual photo since LR will use the format as template for color correction and fall off. In practice I have noticed that even without lens coding match LR flat field processing does more or less ok job.

If you don't want to create your own sample and want to use mine then DM me and I will share my samples. If you are not using LR then also it is possible by special programs but probably with less success. You need to search it up.

Edit: Because of this I am not tempted to upgrade to VIII. Mine is small enough to be carried anywhere. :)

This is without FF correction. You can see the coloration on the right side and severe vignetting.

Edited by jmahto

7 hours ago, astrostl said:

How are y'all even making images that are capable of being uploaded from LR? I just tried on an M10 file and it won't even try...

It's really not rocket science... export to a jpeg with 1280px longest side and then optimize using something like https://tinyjpg.com/

9 hours ago, astrostl said:

How are y'all even making images that are capable of being uploaded from LR? I just tried on an M10 file and it won't even try...

Not sure but try also setting a longest side limit to 1000 pixels

11 hours ago, astrostl said:

Try this. Screenshot of LR export dialog.

18 hours ago, epand56 said:

Please how did you manage to avoid the Italian flag with this lens on the M240?
My CV 15 v. II always features a red stripe on the right side.

I did not use it for years, but Cornerfix was working fine, if I remember correctly. It is based on a profile you need to create.

1 hour ago, Photon42 said:

I did not use it for years, but Cornerfix was working fine, if I remember correctly. It is based on a profile you need to create.

I used Cornerfix about 10 years ago and it was a bit messy. Now I just slide the vignetting tool in Lightroom to the right and it fixes any 'Italian Flag' in seconds. If any red still remains you can desaturate red slightly. I used this recently with a Voigtlander 21mm Color Skopar and it worked perfectly. Even 6 bit coded lenses such as the Leica WATE and 24mm can display some 'Italian Flag' and a tiny adjustment eliminates this.

I don't bother with creating profiles. I find that this is not necessary.

William

Edited by willeica

On 10/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, ianman said:

It's really not rocket science... 

As I much as I enjoy the Leica system, I sure hate being associated with communities like this 😕

M10 + CV 21/4 here, public park in Austin. Thx for the help minus snark, Exodies and jmahto :)

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of investing in a wide angle lens for my M10.  I have a 50mm and 90mm Summicron lenses. I also have a Leica Q with its fixed 28mm lens. I use the Q as a semi-wide angle and want something wider, which would go on the M10.  Maybe 18mm or 21mm?

Ken Rockwell likes the 21mm f3.4 ASPH Super-Elmar-M but I'm not sure it will be sufficiently different in terms of angle of view from the 28mm on the Q.

He also likes the Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Johnclare369 said:

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of investing in a wide angle lens for my M10.  I have a 50mm and 90mm Summicron lenses. I also have a Leica Q with its fixed 28mm lens. I use the Q as a semi-wide angle and want something wider, which would go on the M10.  Maybe 18mm or 21mm?

Ken Rockwell likes the 21mm f3.4 ASPH Super-Elmar-M but I'm not sure it will be sufficiently different in terms of angle of view from the 28mm on the Q.

He also likes the Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

21mm is plenty different from 28mm.

If you want to go wider than 28mm as on Leica Q, listing only current Leica M lenses, choice is substantial.

24mm f1.4 and f3.8

21mm f1.4 and f3.4

18mm f3.8

16-18-21mm f4

And than there are Voigtlander and Zeiss M lenses, starting from 25mm all the way to 10mm.

In terms of suggestion how much wider than 28mm do you need or wish to go, also at what maximum F stop?  SEM 21mm f3.4 is always a good choice and well different form 28mm - as i stated already.

I've recently used the 18 Super Elmar on film , with Velvia 50 + Leica MD and 18mm Leica viewfinder :

Fondation Vuitton - Frank Gehry by JM__, on Flickr

Fondation Vuitton - Frank Gehry by JM__, on Flickr

Palais Royal by JM__, on Flickr

On 7/25/2017 at 7:38 AM, Jared said:

Edgartown Lighthouse, July 21, 2017

Leica M10, Leica 21mm Summilux-M @ f/1.4, 80s total exposure time (x10 8s sub exposures), ISO 3200

Awesome shot!  How did you avoid star trails with such a long (multi) exposure?

On 7/25/2017 at 11:38 AM, Jared said:

Edgartown Lighthouse, July 21, 2017

Leica M10, Leica 21mm Summilux-M @ f/1.4, 80s total exposure time (x10 8s sub exposures), ISO 3200

Agreed - awesome shot.  I know this was posted a while ago but I would really like to understand the process of multiple exposures to achieve this.