My Hometown View in Cool Temperature

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is the very first walk with my new camera. I always go the same walk just to our fort from where there is a nice and wide view over our city. Winter offers a clear view, trees are barren (which is a thing to regret) and not disturbing the view too much. We get nice dramatic skies then.

Handling is uncomplicated a fine, the new look has to be discovered and explored.

Leica Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Looking good Iduna. I like the framing.  Is this an OOC jpg or have you done much processing?  Auto white balance?

Enjoy that new baby.  I'm sure it won't make a scrap of difference to your usual excellent photography, but a nice point and shoot and no carrying extra lenses.

All best Dave S

Dave,

thanks!

The most surprising thing is it need hardly any processing apart from very little adaptions in terms of a little boost in the darks. With portraits one has to reduce clarity even. Auto WB is very good, but one can of course adapt to peronal taste. As I read they have designed the auto exposure to get the highlughts right, this means darks can be a bit underexposed in the RAW file but there is so much potential an done can boost those parts abit and everything looks fine.

The lens has no vingnetting and no aberration. This can be seen when you have bald trees and look at thge filigrane net of twigs and branches.

You are right, no extra weight, there is much difference and less work in pp. Let us see what it will show us in future.... :o

Stuart,

thanks, my hometown is nicely embedded in a hilly area but people miss so far to find any good Frames and so most Pictures Show it as an average City. But I always try to improve that Image.

Adam,

oh, I am delighted that you like it. Our city was founded over 800 years ago at the bottom of the hills of a hill chain. Now that I have that "Q" I'll roam the city to find good frames. Street will be difficult for people here are such an average type of uninspired down to earth kind. I think I'll try to work on this contrast. Since the "Q" is such a humble unpretentious tool even the frowning croud will probably hardly notice when being framed....let us see.

Thanks for your encouraging comment

Snow we do not have yet, but hoarfrost on rooftops and on the ground are common now in the mornings and evenings.

• Like 1

Mark,

oh, yes, history....but our city suffered severly from destruction in ww II. In the 50ies until the 70ies the demand for new buildings was immense but it was no reconstruction and serverd only for quick housement. These sins of architetural misdevelopment many of our cities are suffering from. As an insider one sees these things immediately. I am planning a series about this. Still, there are also improvements and beauty is back to some places here.

Ece,

I am very happy about your wellwishing, thank you. I'll do my best about the new look.

Louis,

thank you for your kind words! My view of my city are probably different from what you will find searching the internet and our local press. Bielefeld has got the image of "The city that does not really exist" This is referrring to he mix of nice locations and average people. It is difficlt to work on typical features because there are none, at least at the first glance. My plan is to change this image.

The 28 mm fl seems to be very versatile and the quality of this lens make pp very easy indeed. I am really impressed with this camera and it needs a lot of mental input.