Passport in France??

marcg

Yes - but I have read that although the warranty is valid everywhere, you only get it of you buy your Leica in UK - and no doubt some other countries - but not if you buy it in France.

I find this very strange but I wanted to check if it was true.  Customer service in UK is 2 million times better than in France anyway so I would rather deal with a UK supplier - but if there was a passport in France, then I might waiver as it is presently easier for me to pick one up in Paris while I am there

The passport warranty extends the normal manufacturers warranty which covers failure of the camera  and provides cover against accidental damage and some other potential problems. In other words, it's an insurance.  .  It only comes with items that you are purchasing new from an authorised Leica dealer.  There are variations of the cover in some countries. 

The Leica Passport is an extra insurance which is issued by Leica UK, a separate company in the Leica family. It is only extended for free to UK residents buying in the UK. If you send a camera to Wetzlar under passport guaranty, Leica CS will bill Leica UK.

Until a few years back buyers living outside the UK got the passport as well, nowadays not any more.

• Like 1

Until a few years back buyers living outside the UK got the passport as well, nowadays not any more.

I think it strange I never got one. I'm buying Leica equippement for more than a decade? Something to do with certain dutch dealers?