T Strap

Peter L

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Finally got rid of the dreaded Leica silicon strap and replaced it with a Artisan canvas and leather strap,

much more elegant and comfortable.

The only thing I disliked about the Leica T was that silicon strap, to me it felt like it was cut out of an old tire.

I am expecting to join the Leica T club soon and would like to get a leather strap for it. I would really like to have something like this (in black). Would I have to destroy the silicone strap to do this? 

If using the strap lugs that come with the camera.......yes.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is not required to destroy anything.

I knocked gently with a small punch the little pin from the original strap lugs and removed the original silicon belt (without destroying it). Having the small bolt reinstated, it is possible attach any camera strap to the original stap lugs. This was obviously also done with the strap in the linked image.

• Like 2

It is not required to destroy anything.

I knocked gently with a small punch the little pin from the original strap lugs and removed the original silicon belt (without destroying it). Having the small bolt reinstated, it is possible attach any camera strap to the original stap lugs. This was obviously also done with the strap in the linked image.

Good idea!!!!  I gotta try that.  Like all, don't like the T strap.  Been using second market lugs with various straps.  My favorite leather straps are from Angelo Pelle.  Reasonably priced too.  

I have to say that this is silly expensive but it is literally the best strap that I've ever used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-ARTISAN-ARTIST-SILK-GREEN-NECK-STRAP-14884-USA-NEW/172001056274

I like it better than leather or other fabric straps I've ever found. For me it has the right balance between pliability and solidity. It is really comfortable completely unlike anything else I've tried.

For a camera the size of the T, Luigi's Essential strap is perfect, in my opinion: http://www.leicatime.com/a000-STRAPS-page.htm, search the page for "Essential", it's about 80% the way down... get the Match Technical T Lug kit http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/TStrapLugKit.aspx and the Luigi strap, which is supple and strong, with nothing to snag... that's a good setup.

My least favorite thing about the T strap is the way the lugs squeak. The rubber is too thick and stiff, but the constant squeaking of the hinge is really annoying.

Edited by hteasley

I have to say that this is silly expensive but it is literally the best strap that I've ever used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEICA-ARTISAN-ARTIST-SILK-GREEN-NECK-STRAP-14884-USA-NEW/172001056274

I like it better than leather or other fabric straps I've ever found. For me it has the right balance between pliability and solidity. It is really comfortable completely unlike anything else I've tried.

Over $200!!!!!????  Is it that good??  I may have to buy one.  My pocketbook is frowning at you - ha!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all of you , I have got rid of my Silicon strap and used the original buckle with my favourite old A&A strap . 

If you are looking for leather straps with more reasonable price than Luigi, etc; take a look here and  here.

I suggest to avoid any surgical operation on the original T strap lug in case you decide to sell your camera one day, and instead, to consider this one.

Good luck. :)

• Like 2

I have to agree. I actually only purchased this strap with the 'matching limited edition' A&A bag after I withdrew from an M60 purchase, using the deposit I left. The strap is fantastic in terms of solidity v pliability as above. It cannot be adjusted for length which some may not like, but it makes it a simpler cleaner design, and the length I find ideal in any case. I went and bought a second for another Leica camera.