Winedemonium

3rd party lens performance on SL

After looking at the Thambar lens' posts I decided to experiment with my Leica SL 601 fitted with am mid-1950s vintage Canon 85/1.5 LTM lens plus a Leitz OUFRO extension tube, at full aperture … with a view to photographing some Pasque Flowers when the weather improves (raining  today)  Thus set up an orchid on kitchen worktop with a white paper background. 

This version used an opaque spot in centre of the filter to try and introduce additional softness … thus only the perimeter of the lens formed the image

Both images taken at ISO 400.  I'll persevere with the experiment 'in the field' later in the week.

Best wishes

dunk 

The Meyer Optik Trioplan 35+ came in. A much bigger, longer lens than they had pictured. Luckily the SL is big enough to make it look balanced. A few shots to see what atmospherics I could get with it. 

Shoot it into specular highlights, keep the aperture wide open, and keep your subject close to get those background bubbles ...

atmospherics with the Trioplan 35+ by Carl B, on Flickr

atmospherics 3 by Carl B, on Flickr

atmospherics 2 by Carl B, on Flickr

Meyer Optik Trioplan 35+ by Carl B, on Flickr

Does anyone use the 7Artisans 35mm f/2 with an adapter together with the SL ? According to tests this lens seems to perform very well on  the Ms. Is this the case on the SL too ? Information would be highly appreciated, Thank you in advance if you can give me information about it and the adapter you use (Leica or Novoflex). 

here are 3 from earlier this week from Inner Mongolia with the SL and the 10mm CV (bare lens, no filters):

SL + Nikkor-O 55mm f1.2 at f4. The Nikkor-O is an M39-mount lens, so I mount the lens onto the Novoflex LEM-VIS II adapter set, in this case the Novoflex M39 adapter only (i.e., without the additional rings), then the Leica Macro-Adapter-M is used to focus, and the latter is mounted onto the standard Leica M-Adapter T. Lovely and neutral colours and fine - albeit not overly, bitingly sharp - focus.

One of the sharpest of 'em all: Carl Zeiss 100mm f4 Macro S-Planar. In this case hand held with focus helicoid, on the SL, at f8 and ISO 50. A beauty, indeed, with sharpness comparable to, and with a (subjective) 'bite' exceeding the legendary Leica 100mm APO Macro Elmarit R f2.8. But it flares more than any lens I know about; so headlights need to be avoided (for flare-free images, that is).

Small glass bulb - app. 1 cm diameter - filled with liquid and small gold particles. With SL and Canon MP-E 65, Reflexions from a LED ring light on the lens (from Kaiser).