3rd party lens performance on SL

Winedemonium

Impressive test results for the upcoming Sigma 14mm f1.8 Art at Lens Rentails (https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2017/07/sharpness-tests-of-the-sigma-14mm-f1-8-dg-hsm-art/).

Will be interesting to see how the lens behave on the SL; please chime in with your experience with the SL+14mm Art combo! (I have the lens in Nikon mount on order, and I will pass a word when the lens arrives).

Edited by helged

Impressive test results for the upcoming Sigma 14mm f1.8 Art at Lens Rentails (https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2017/07/sharpness-tests-of-the-sigma-14mm-f1-8-dg-hsm-art/).

Will be interesting to see how the lens behave on the SL; please chime in with your experience with the SL+14mm Art combo! (I have the lens in Nikon mount on order, and I will pass a word when the lens arrives).

.....shame the design makes filters almost impossible to use ...... at least with the smaller manual lenses from Voigtlander and Leica there is the possibility to use standard 100mm filter gear with adapters. I'd be interested for landscape use, but trading  filter functionality for AF is not a good deal .....  :(

.....shame the design makes filters almost impossible to use ...... at least with the smaller manual lenses from Voigtlander and Leica there is the possibility to use standard 100mm filter gear with adapters. I'd be interested for landscape use, but trading filter functionality for AF is not a good deal ..... :(

Good point. I have hopes for the coma, although the first reports are somewhat mixed. But I agree, AF for a 14mm lens is of little importance (for me).

Sigma 14mm 1,8 with Novoflex for canon, DNG straight from camera converted to JPG in Lightroom without any adjustment.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by BJN
  • Like 6

Stork-Billed Kingfisher . . . 

SL with Nikon 300mm PF + TC-14E III, 1/800 at f/5.6, ISO 1600, cropped at about 50%...

• Like 18

Stork-Billed Kingfisher . . .

SL with Nikon 300mm PF + TC-14E III, 1/800 at f/5.6, ISO 1600, cropped at about 50%...

Goodie! I consider the TL2 for shots like the one shown; with the benefit of 1.5x crop (so 24 MP in stead of about 12 MP in the presented example). The downside is - obviously - poorer pixel quality, particularly at higher ISO and in shadows.

It would be interesting to hear from users with experience from both the TL2 and SL at ISO 800-1600 wrt image quality.

• Like 1

Goodie! I consider the TL2 for shots like the one shown; with the benefit of 1.5x crop (so 24 MP in stead of about 12 MP in the presented example). The downside is - obviously - poorer pixel quality, particularly at higher ISO and in shadows.

It would be interesting to hear from users with experience from both the TL2 and SL at ISO 800-1600 wrt image quality.

Gladly would I have been using the TL2 instead of the SL for this shot, but for the fact that mine went back to Leica last week.   During the nine days I had it, I got excellent results in that ISO range, with very malleable .dng files as well.  The  main difference I noticed was that in the TL2's shots,  shadows did not permit as much latitude for adjustment--but still came up cleaner than with other APS-C cameras I've used.  There was also less noise within fine details.

• Like 1

Sigma 1,8/14mm

• Like 2

a second one, Sigma1,8/14, gives an rough impression of distortion, aperture 8, no digital correction

Edited by saxo

• 3 weeks later...

No ...... this is what you get ..... no idea why it reports a 135mm lens as 138 though .....

• Like 1

can please anyone tell me if the Novoflex SL to Nikon E transmits the EXIFS, especially the lens name? Thank you (I didn't find anything on the Novoflex website about this)

Here's what I got when I used the named lens with a TC-14E III . . . 

• jaapv unpinned this topic