Advertisement (gone after registration)

This image was taken in a small bar in the El Raval district of Barcelona using the Leica M9 and Zeiss 50mm Sonnar f1.5 lens @ 1600iso, and then post-processed in LR CC 2015.3 with some difficulty because of the low light levels, and the window to the extreme left which threw the exposure out a bit (this is a cropped image). This has turned out to be one of my favourite images from the trip.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

You have brought this together nicely as a colour composition.

The warm tonalities of the wall and the figure are offset by the blue object on the background table and the green wrapped package in the foreground.

In musical terms the colour harmony could be considered a minor triad (with the red door frame offering some extended harmony).

And the green package gives a nice hint of intrigue.

What is in the parcel?

Is it a gift?

Who's it for?

The empty cup, the subject's expression and the intense focus all suggest a slow passage of time here.

A very elegant storytelling moment.

Great work!

You have brought this together nicely as a colour composition.

The warm tonalities of the wall and the figure are offset by the blue object on the background table and the green wrapped package in the foreground.

In musical terms the colour harmony could be considered a minor triad (with the red door frame offering some extended harmony).

And the green package gives a nice hint of intrigue.

What is in the parcel?

Is it a gift?

Who's it for?

The empty cup, the subject's expression and the intense focus all suggest a slow passage of time here.

A very elegant storytelling moment.

Great work!

Neil

Many thanks for looking at my image and for the analysis. These are comments of the kindest type, which are really appreciated.

I must confess that I do know exactly what is in the green package, and what is going on, but to tell all would spoil the image in the eye of the viewer. I had been watching this young lady for some time whilst enjoying a glass of beer. I believe that an image should stand on its own merit and not need a full explanation, being different for each viewer.

Thank you again, and I hope you continue to enjoy what I post.

Gerry