Update for the T-app.

But therein lies the problem. IOS9.

If you have latest and greatest, then swell. If you don't, or if you have Android, then no dice.

You can tell, I don't have IOS9, and I do have Android.

Gary

Gary it should work anything that is up from ios7, but yes android support would be nice too!

At least you can use the web browser interface from your android?

• Like 1

Can.

Hmmmm, I'm an old stick-in-the-mud with this. I have an ancient (very first version) iPad, won't work, it's stuck on IOS5.

I also have a new S2 tablet, latest and greatest. plus a slightly older S4 (both Samsung) phone, on Android. Ditto, neither work.

Possibly it is just me, I have to buy Apple to get the App, and bear in mind I am all Mac with one sole PC simply for astro imaging.

Why they have an App for the T, which is different and separate from the Q, SL, etc is anyone's guess.

Nope, it is easier to sit tight and grumble, for now.

Gary

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Plus, does the web browser thing work, anywhere, and more so, away from a wifi connection?

I can't make mine do it.

Gary

I used the web one mostly (due to app issues, haven't tried the updated one yet), and it does work without wifi, but you need to set up a wifi hotspot within your phone, and connect to the wifi from the camera, once connected, open phones browser and type the address that the camera gives to the address bar

• Like 1

Just had a quick trail of the new version. The T stores now DNG files when remote controlled by the app and the touch focus works ok

Tried it with my old iPad2 connected to my local WiFi notwork (no iPhone or iPad hot spot - the iPad2 does anyway not support WiFi hot spot).

I did not find any way to transfer all photos at a time to the iPad. The user still has to transfer each and every photo individually. This unconvenience has not been solved!

The new version is certainly a step in the right direction, but by far not sufficent.

I am eagerly waiting for an Android T app to be able to control my T with my Android phone. I am not ready to buy a iPhone just because I have a Leica T!

• Like 1

Just tried the updated app and DNG files now load to the T's SD card … which means the T camera can be used remotely to photograph e.g. a wasps' nest … with the camera / lens next to the nest … but focus etc from a safe distance. Look forward to experimenting next spring when hope to have either the promised T 60mm macro lens - or the 55-135mm T lens which can be used with supplementary achromatic c/u lenses. Can also envisage adding a Hague remote pan and tilt tripod head. 

The 'T' now promises to be a very versatile 'tool camera' for remote use.

dunk

• Like 2

Just tried the updated app and DNG files now load to the T's SD card … which means the T camera can be used remotely to photograph e.g. a wasps' nest … with the camera / lens next to the nest … but focus etc from a safe distance. Look forward to experimenting next spring when hope to have either the promised T 60mm macro lens - or the 55-135mm T lens which can be used with supplementary achromatic c/u lenses. Can also envisage adding a Hague remote pan and tilt tripod head. 

dunk

Yes but sooner or later you must retrieve the camera from the wasp nest and that's when the wasps will come for you.  :)

dunk

Dunk,

Good to hear that this update solves your problems in the macro-photography. 

Looking forward to try it myself, including using it at night for shooting architecture,  remote on a tripod.

Yes but sooner or later you must retrieve the camera from the wasp nest and that's when the wasps will come for you.  :)

Last summer I crouched on my knees for hours in front of the nest in my garden and the wasps totally ignored me. Camera / tripod can be retrieved easily with little risk of being attacked. Remote control from a garden chair would be very much more comfortable than crouching on my knees in front of the nest :)

The imaging possibilities with remote control are endless - especially with e.g. a Hague remote pan and tilt tripod head.

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

I am sure Dunk has a plan to get around that issue!

The wasps were usually so busy that they totally ignored me - especially as I kept still and did not disturb them. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica T, Canon FD 200mm Macro Lens plus Canon ML-1 Macroflash - both Canon items 31 years young :) 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 4

Well I tried it and still cannot get the T-App to talk to either my home wifi or to my iPhone Hotspot. I have tried all the good advise on this forum but as yet to no avail.

Obviously I tried wrongly! With my iPhone Hotspot set, I can now take an image remotely using the T-App! Happy about that and I take back what I said about the App! 

Guest Leicanew

It's great to see updated applications and camera firmware but I have a couple of issues with the app:

1- When connecting to the mobile's hotspot, roaming still has to be enabled (this isn't new but still might be inconvenient in overseas trips where data costs are surprisingly high).

2- Since the last update, when connected to the camera and in view mode, some thumbnails show old images instead of the correct ones just taken.

The issue stays even after formatting the SD card and resetting file numbering although the good news is that at least the correct image is saved when downloading the file.

As I rename files when importing images, I didn't find any file numbers repeated in my saved images so I can't figure out what the issue is.

I just hope these issues don't appear in future updates.

Edited by Leicanew

Guest Leicanew

Well, at least deleting and re-installingthe app solved the incorrect thumbnails issue. I am looking forward to seeing available a more stable and functional app update in the future.