Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These three are with the SL and the 75 Summicron-SL. The gallery in the link was inspired by Holger Forst's Classic Cars gallery from the same place.

Less compressed JPEGs here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-232Tmz/ (the first are with the M10-P except the yellow Lamborghini Miura which is with the Z). 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

And three more with the 75 Summicron-SL.

Less compressed JPEGs here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-232Tmz/

• Like 10

Facel Vega II. Who said the French couldn't build cars.

• Like 9

Two more with the 75 Summicron-SL.

• Like 6

The orchid snake - highly dangerious. Original photo with SL and 24/90. Exifs are in, it is still a (processed) photo.

• Like 5

My old M9 + 50 Elmar M

Edited by JCR33
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 variations of the same sunset (1) - taken with SVE 16-35mm @17mm, HAIDA reverse ND filter

• Like 13

3 variations of the same sunset (2) - taken with VE 90-280mm@90mm

• Like 6

3 variations of the same sunset (3) - taken with VE 24-90mm@38mm, Formatt Hitech Twilight filter

• Like 12

Formatt-Hitech Firecrest are colour neutral as they use an electrolytic metal based coating rather than dyes. 

They are also lapped and polished glass to ensure true flatness and more scratch resistant than most filters.

Unfortunately a full landscape set of ND's and Grads does cost an arm and a leg ....... plus the holder design is fiddly and could be better ....

Having used them extensively for several years I have yet to encounter the slightest colour cast.....  even at 13stops ND + 5stop grad (*)

(*) although sitting around for a 10min exposure followed by 10min NR did add colour to my language whilst waiting for the SL to finish .....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb helged:

@hofo100: Based on your experience with various nd/grad filters, any recommendation for colour neutrality? 

Well, I made a science out of the decision for which filter system I should go... Spend quite some time on the web with reviews re quality and especially youtube videos to learn about the handling. In ended up in buying a set from Haida with the holder, pouch, Pol, soft- and reverse grad ND, 3x and 10X ND filters and a Formatt-Hitech set for some effects. This combination was the best mix to address my specific needs/requirements:

- Optical and mechanical quality (to answer your question - Have not noticed any significant color casts, even not with the 10x ND - however, photos with these filters are often anyway aiming at some kind of effect, so that a minor color cast (if any) does not mind and/or can be easily adjusted in LR, if need be.)

- Size: the Haida holder comes delivered with slots for 2 filters, the 3rd slot (in the package) can be easily mounted if needed. Realized that with the 2 slots almost no vignetting risk with the SVE16-35 @16mm, but with 3rd slot high risk. Something to consider if you use wide-angle lenses.

- Handling: How easy it is to attach/detach the filter holder, insert and remove filters, handle the Pol filter independently etc. (this is where the youtube videos were helpful to learn about the different systems)

- Value for money

Hope this helps,

Holger

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thighslapper said:

Formatt-Hitech Firecrest are colour neutral as they use an electrolytic metal based coating rather than dyes. 

They are also lapped and polished glass to ensure true flatness and more scratch resistant than most filters.

Unfortunately a full landscape set of ND's and Grads does cost an arm and a leg ....... plus the holder design is fiddly and could be better ....

Having used them extensively for several years I have yet to encounter the slightest colour cast.....  even at 13stops ND + 5stop grad (*)

(*) although sitting around for a 10min exposure followed by 10min NR did add colour to my language whilst waiting for the SL to finish .....

I know that feeling.... I usually make a 10 min or longer exposure my last exposure, and then move on when the NR is doing its job.... 
I have come to accept that drawback of SL, as the IQ more than compensates for the NR wait....
For time lapse, I use another system.

Am 3.1.2019 um 14:48 schrieb hofo100:

The land behind the dike (II)....

I did post some B&W photos from Ostfriesland (Northern Germany) over the last couple of days on in this (and the Q image thread as well). Here is the link to the entire series, put together with Adobe's spark. The photos have been taken with the Leica SL and my Q - the two go well along and I guess on the wider angle shots you cannot really tell if they have been taken with the SL or Q. Thanks for having a look.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, hofo100 said:

I did post some B&W photos from Ostfriesland (Northern Germany) over the last couple of days on in this (and the Q image thread as well). Here is the link to the entire series, put together with Adobe's spark. The photos have been taken with the Leica SL and my Q - the two go well along and I guess on the wider angle shots you cannot really tell if they have been taken with the SL or Q. Thanks for having a look.

Wonderful shots, especially loved the one with the three boats.  Which camera and lens did you use for that one?

On 1/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, erudolph said:

Both with 80-200 Vario-R @ 200mm with APO-R-2x extender and cropped.

This was first posted by mistake in the S image forum.  I hoped moderators would move it but since they haven't, I guess I'll double post.

I particularly like the first one!

• Like 1

Birds in winter time . SL and 90/280.

• Like 9

Bird seems to be flavour of the moment, SL with APO Summicron M 90mm.

Feeding Time by Mladen Radman, on Flickr

• Like 11