Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

SL + Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica SL / SL 24-90@24mm

London

• Like 5

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Been out today with the Noctilux and SL walking around some small Thai villages.......... pictures to follow

Heres one of a Thai fishing village house

• Like 7

pure unadulterated kitsch

• Like 10

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

SL plus Noctilux

• Like 11

pure unadulterated kitsch

attachicon.gif20170806-L1010828-Bearbeitet.jpg

I've been on the family holiday last two weeks. Full time with young chidren meant I was reduced to taking schmultz and cliches like this:

36184052161_e38820b952_b.jpgMeadow Field at Sunset - Bicycle Thieves by Greg Turner, on Flickr

and this:

36288531726_a716b3f17c_b.jpgDead Wood by Greg Turner, on Flickr

Honestly I feel dirty!

These are about the only images from two weeks away that I genuinely feel happy about:

35520289514_06ea2db346_b.jpg8pm by Greg Turner, on Flickr

35924230780_2deb73fbae_b.jpgFloater - Blood & Water by Greg Turner, on Flickr

36151496962_89006d3cd3_b.jpgFloater 2 - Blood & Water by Greg Turner, on Flickr

• Like 3

I've been on the family holiday last two weeks. Full time with young chidren meant I was reduced to taking schmultz and cliches like this:

and this:

by Greg Turner, on Flickr

Honestly I feel dirty!

These are about the only images from two weeks away that I genuinely feel happy about:

I am amused by your post.

Nobody has made you go away with your family for 2 weeks. Nobody has made you post  your "schmaltz"!  (So, why did you bother to do so?)  

And  all of that has made you "feel dirty"?

Perhaps you need to take some happy pills, after such an overwhelming 2 weeks. In all that time you could not find some spontaneous moments of your family/children laughing and smiling while playing in the water?  

Edited by ropo54

I am amused by your post.

Nobody has made you go away with your family for 2 weeks. Nobody has made you post  your "schmaltz"!  (So, why did you bother to do so?)  

And  all of that has made you "feel dirty"?

Perhaps you need to take some happy pills, after such an overwhelming 2 weeks.  

I was being ironic. I know that irony isn't something you guys do though so your comment doesn't surprise me :p The whole high context/low context culture thing is always very amusing.

I was being ironic. I know that irony isn't something you guys do though so your comment doesn't surprise me :p The whole high context/low context culture thing is always very amusing.

Well, at least I was able to humor you.

I guess spontaneity of laughing happy faces is just not your thing. Happy memories? Not sure I'd call your comments "ironic" rather than "haughty" or even "dogmatic". Perhaps you should simply accept that the medium of photography offers many others differing things than it does for you. As an artist can you not create in that realm?

I still cannot figure out why you bothered to make your original post to a forum which 'does not do irony'. :)

Edited by ropo54

SL with T 55-135mm@135mm . . . 1/1000@f/4.5, ISO 400

Australian Pelican on a very grey day, another confiding city critter . . .

• Like 7

SL with T 55-135mm@135mm . . . 1/1250@f/4.5, ISO 200 . . . 

Australasian Darter . . .

• Like 11

I guess spontaneity of laughing happy faces is just not your thing. Happy memories?

No I think you're very right about this. I don't find much interest in those kinds of expressions; that in itself is interesting and worth reflecting on (for me personally I mean). I have done this to be fair and I have reached many conclusions as to why this is the case. It's tied up closely with childhood experiences, which were pretty traumatic. I do have many 'happy memories' from childhood, but there are also a lot of very dark memories also. It's one of the reasons why most of my photographs of my children focus more on exploring their sensitivity, vulnerability and doubt. Those themes are of more interest to me; it's a form of therapy.

Not sure I'd call your comments "ironic" rather than "haughty" or even "dogmatic"

I think in this case, that's just the difference between your (low context) culture and my (high context culture), but I wouldn't for one moment deny being 'dogmatic'. Absolutely guilty as charged there!

Perhaps you should simply accept that the medium of photography offers many others differing things than it does for you. As an artist can you not create in that realm?

Of coures I can accept that; well, that is to say that there is an inalieable truth to what people chose to create. That thing that you present to the world is as real as anything else anyone choses to present to the world. But those things will still be held up for critique. I'm still not comfortable with the title of 'artist' though. I choose to create but I feel my interest lies more with the underlying psychology of people than the artistry of the image.