Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

SL + 75mm-SL. Wonderful optics (although the jpg does far from give the optics/raw file justice).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

Casa Thighslapper ..... this morning .... 16-35 SL ...... a truly excellent lens.

Today is another day of 'hack back the jungle' to try and stop the house being consumed by the garden ....

• Like 12

Casa Thighslapper ..... this morning .... 16-35 SL ...... a truly excellent lens.

Today is another day of 'hack back the jungle' to try and stop the house being consumed by the garden ....

Nice shot! The 16-35mm excels when appropriate directional ambient light aid the lens to bring across great micro contrast. It can be clearly seen in the facade of the house and the vegetation surrounding it. On the contrary, the flower bulb on the lower portion of the frame looks flat in an underexposed part of the frame. Just for thoughts, with the SF60 & SF C1 becoming available, if the same shot is reproduced with a fill light provided just on the flower bulb surrounded by underexposure of the frame, wouuldn't that create another variant of interesting landscape image?

Two days ago  i had a trip into a salt mine (deepest sole abot 790m) just about 5 km away from home, i was allowed to take a camera with me, but no bag, no tripod. So  i decided first of all for the 16-35 and the Noctilux

16-35 (tech talk: Holding 1/4 sec F4.3 ISO 800)

a rescue ladder at about 750m just in the middle auf the way, in case of emergency you have to climb up (....)

• Like 12

the mountain is moving....(see the dark stripes are curved)

• Like 11

Advertisement (gone after registration)

and one pic Nocti:

crystal glowing in the underground ( a safty lamp is pressed on the salt)

• Like 10

Nice shot! The 16-35mm excels when appropriate directional ambient light aid the lens to bring across great micro contrast. It can be clearly seen in the facade of the house and the vegetation surrounding it. On the contrary, the flower bulb on the lower portion of the frame looks flat in an underexposed part of the frame. Just for thoughts, with the SF60 & SF C1 becoming available, if the same shot is reproduced with a fill light provided just on the flower bulb surrounded by underexposure of the frame, wouuldn't that create another variant of interesting landscape image?

In the original the fence/flower was actually completely black as this is early morning and is in deep shadow due to a 3m hedge behind me ....... the 'flatness' is due to the degree of shadow recovery. If this was anything other than a quick shot after walking the dog I probably would have bracketed/combined or used in-fill flash ..... but the coffee machine exerted more of an attraction than doing it properly  :p

is that cave made out of Lego?

;)

What you see in pic two is so called "carnallite salt", some kind of kali salt, and on the other hand rock salt. The lights of our car made some shadows by the tracks from mining so you have the impression of lego.

Nowadays this mine is to be used as a atomic interim storage, that´s why i am interested in seeing what they doing 1000m in the deep under my house.

To give you a ratio of dimension another impression from the deep (the biggest cave, and our car, being parked in the direction of escape in case of emergency) :

Edited by BlackDoc
  • Like 9

;)

What you see in pic two is so called "carnallite salt", some kind of kali salt, and on the other hand rock salt. The lights of our car made some shadows by the tracks from mining so you have the impression of lego.

Nowadays this mine is to be used as a atomic interim storage, that´s why i am interested in seeing what they doing 1000m in the deep under my house.

To give you a ratio of dimension another impression from the deep (the biggest cave, and our car, being parked in the direction of escape in case of emergency) :

attachicon.gif20180613-L1030455.jpg

I've spent a lot of time in Poland, specifically Krakow. The salt mines at Wieliczka are similarly impressive in scale.

• Like 1

A photowalk along the river Rhine in Cologne with my daughter - excellent opportunity to get to know the new Summicron SL 1:2/90mm - pls follow the link below to this page created with Adobe Spark Post in case you want to see more sample from this new lens - all pics taken at open aperture.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/H1PIDvMTRFNFV/

• Like 17

A photowalk along the river Rhine in Cologne with my daughter - excellent opportunity to get to know the new Summicron SL 1:2/90mm - pls follow the link below to this page created with Adobe Spark Post in case you want to see more sample from this new lens - all pics taken at open aperture.

[=https://luf-jnet.b-cdn.net/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 20180615 HOF -F1010643.jpg

Nice shots of your beautiful daughter, Holger.

There is a typing error in your summary at the bottom where you say all shots with “summieren” lens ... you maybe meant Summicron …

Nice shots of your beautiful daughter, Holger.

There is a typing error in your summary at the bottom where you say all shots with “summieren” lens ... you maybe meant Summicron …

Thx...victim of auto correct...apparently Leica lens names are not known widely enough;)

Yesterday at Hannover: Vocalist Marius Müller-Westernhagen (left, "Freedom") and German's Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier

(SVE 16-35)

and our President at his speech about freedom and the role of the press

(90SL)

• Like 4

A flower in a farmer garden - SL and 90/280.

• Like 3