Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am in awe of the incredible shots posted over the last few days.  The SL images coming from members of this forum continue to amaze me.  

As Tropical Storm Alberta rolled in on Monday, I drove over to Choctawhatchee Bay, and stepping out into a steady downpour and 30 MPH winds, I found this accommodating fisherman who paused long enough for me to grab this shot.  (SL + 75 SL 2.0 @ 2.0, 1/125, ISO 280).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Summicron-SL 2/75... A mind-blowing lens for still photography.

33822463_10156362010434650_7991167265619

APO-Summicron-SL 2/75 in the rain.

34118232_10156364701674650_3793471272248

Oh Dear Irakly Shanidze, 

Could you please keep posting anything like these?! 

It looks like getting an APO 75/2 for myself isn't too far away! Don't know if that's a good thing or ..... :D

Very nice photos.

• Like 3

Nice photos and I like the building.  I think that screen with 'neutrons' is actually quite good, specially if it is on a facade facing the heat (West, South ?).

The architect is Foster and Partners I believe - I just googled it:

https://elsc.huji.ac.il/index.php?q=building

- Vikas

The neurons provide a sunscreen around the entire outside of the buildings.  There is glass at the east and west ends, so quite a bit of sun (and heat) enters the atrium in the middle.  We'll have to see how it works out.  And there is no roof over the atrium at present, with plans calling for something that can be extended across for shade or for the rainy season.

• Like 1

Bottles in a bar - with SL and 24/90. One nearly unprocessed photo, 2 processed ones.No, I was not in this bar - sorry about. Photo has been made through a glass front.

• Like 7

and another try 16-35 + SL --> "Hamburg U4 Hafen City"

• Like 18

APO-Summicron-SL 2/75

34138881_10156366698294650_5100115952800

Very much interested in your aesthetic judgment for not straightening the photo. personally, I find it very compelling this way, as the angle adds to the various tensions (discomfort of rain, neon vs night, etc). were you tempted to try to try to correct? thanks.

• Like 2

How would he straighten the walls without cutting off people's feet?  Anyway, the angle works for me.  Usually in pictures with a Dutch angle (like Winogrand's) you find that some other element that is important to the picture is parallel to a frame edge, and has taken over orienting the picture.

• Like 1

How would he straighten the walls without cutting off people's feet?  Anyway, the angle works for me.  Usually in pictures with a Dutch angle (like Winogrand's) you find that some other element that is important to the picture is parallel to a frame edge, and has taken over orienting the picture.

I completely agree and think that even cutting into the neon pizza sign wouldn't be worth it. Still, it might straighten just a tad without losing anything. But as I said, I think it's aesthetically/compositionally better as it is. It's a terrific capture with a lot of interesting elements. Just wondering if he was tempted to give it a look in LR/PS.

Sydney Harbour view from my hotel room. SL with WATE @ 16mm, 45 sec, ISO 50.

sydney3.jpg

Shanghi-La hotel? Oh what it must be like to have money! Still in Sydney? Hope you enjoy your stay. Lots of great opportunities to take street photography in Sydney. I see great photos all the time but sadly I don’t have a camera.

PS. Your Sydney photos are amazing!

Edited by Simon
  • Like 3

1944 GMC Truck

SL, Zeiss 18/4

• Like 6

Very much interested in your aesthetic judgment for not straightening the photo. personally, I find it very compelling this way, as the angle adds to the various tensions (discomfort of rain, neon vs night, etc). were you tempted to try to try to correct? thanks.

No I wasn't. I am used to framing in a viewfinder. When an image in the viewfinder makes me feel something, I know that other people will experience a similar emotional response to a resulting photo.

• Like 1

Well, straightening the picture without losing feet isn't that difficult, but this is not the issue. The picture works this way better than it would have if the composition was not tense. Speaking of the Dutch angle, it is a bit more intricate than just having an important element vertical. What works better is having an important element an the angle complementary to angles of prevailing verticals. In this instance, it is a shaft of an umbrella.

• Like 1

I have a new granddaughter.  Her brother is excited to meet her for the first time!

She can yawn!!  And it's contagious!

Leica SL, 24-90, ISO 6400

• Like 3

some pics from recent trip to Lisbon, all SL / M21Lux

• Like 1

second one

• Like 4