Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SL + Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

9 hours ago, TheGodParticle said:

Asyncrownous 

24-90

Quite a surreal shot, i thought the lines were from flare or it was shot through glass (other than the lens 😂) either way I really like it!

• Like 3

SL + Nippon Kogaku Nikkor HC 5cm LTM

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 4

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 3

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have traded in my M240, SEM 21mm and Elmarit-M 28mm Asph for the Apo-Summicron-SL 90 Asph. This is the first time there has been no M in the house since 1980, but between the SL and CL it just wasn't getting enough use to justify its declining value. The two wide angles went because, good though they are, those focal lengths are covered by the Vario-Elmar-SL 24-90, the Super-Vario-Elmar-TL 11-23mm, and the Elmarit-TL 18mm - and I wanted the cash. I'm holding onto the Apo-Summicron-M 50, Apo-Summicron-M 75, Thambar 90, Summaron-M 3.5cm f/2.8 and Hektor 7.3cm.

My first shot, of my usual test garden scene (through the double glazing), but I found a ghost looking back at me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Parc et plage du Pélican, St-Sulpice, Vaud, Switzerland

SL+24-90mm

• Like 8

6°C air and water temperature- but- who cares ??!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

SL w Noctilux 0.95 @ Lake Lucerne, Switzerland

• Like 16

On 1/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

I have traded in my M240, SEM 21mm and Elmarit-M 28mm Asph for the Apo-Summicron-SL 90 Asph. This is the first time there has been no M in the house since 1980, but between the SL and CL it just wasn't getting enough use to justify its declining value. The two wide angles went because, good though they are, those focal lengths are covered by the Vario-Elmar-SL 24-90, the Super-Vario-Elmar-TL 11-23mm, and the Elmarit-TL 18mm - and I wanted the cash. I'm holding onto the Apo-Summicron-M 50, Apo-Summicron-M 75, Thambar 90, Summaron-M 3.5cm f/2.8 and Hektor 7.3cm.

My first shot, of my usual test garden scene (through the double glazing), but I found a ghost looking back at me. 

I’d be really interested to know how you get on with that combination.  I want to sell either the SL or my M10 an so far I’m inclined to sell the SL because of its weight.  Ironically the SL zooms as faster than the CL’s even though the CL has a smaller sensor :-(, else I may have given up the SL by now.  I find the 24-90mm very useful in spite of the combined size.

4 hours ago, vikasmg said:

I’d be really interested to know how you get on with that combination.  I want to sell either the SL or my M10 an so far I’m inclined to sell the SL because of its weight.  Ironically the SL zooms as faster than the CL’s even though the CL has a smaller sensor :-(, else I may have given up the SL by now.  I find the 24-90mm very useful in spite of the combined size.

To check out this combination properly I need a beautiful young face. Give me a bit of time!

I find the weight of the SL to be OK because I don't use it as a carry-around camera; I use it for portrait sessions and events, where its speed, solidity and comprehensive functionality give me immense confidence. I bought this Summicron-SL 90 because I wanted something wider than the zoom for portraits. The 75 is too short for that (though for other stuff, including more contextual environmental portraits and street, the Apo-Summicron-M 75 is my favourite lens). I prefer the SL over the M for portraits because of the slightly faster and more reliable focusing - I get more keepers.

I sold the M240 because it wasn't being used: I prefer the SL for portrait sessions and events, as explained above, and the smaller, lighter and more discreet CL with its 18-56 zoom (plus now the 11-23) for carry-around, travel and street.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I use it for portrait sessions and events, where its speed, solidity and comprehensive functionality give me immense confidence.

Yes, I have to say, for shooting at a single location, family events and so on I have found myself pulling out the SL and much prefer it to the other choices.  And as you say, in that situation the weight it fine.

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 3

Crossing Western Lake at sunset yesterday, I pulled to the side of the road, crossed over to the other side, and took this quick shot handheld.  No time for a tripod and bracketing.  It was only after I loaded the file into Lightroom that I realized that I had set the ISO at 3200 on my previous outing, and since the sun was setting fast, I didn't run through my normal mental checklist.  The result is that the photo is a bit noisy, but at least I didn't miss the shot.  

The SL continues to impress me when it comes to recovering shadows.  The rocks and grass in the foreground were a dark gob in the DNG file.

SL + Voigtlander Super Heliar 15 MM

Sunset @ Western Lake

• Like 17

Grosnez Castle - Jersey -3-

and thanks @all vor clicking !

• Like 10