thighslapper

Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

6 hours ago, ropo54 said:

Fantastic shot! Rob

Agreed, amazing ethereal feel.

Leica SL with 28mm Summilux-M

On our drive up from Dunedin yesterday we stopped at Oamaru. What a lovely town with a historic Victorian area! And the best part is we unintentionally stumbled upon Steampunk HQ - just wow! We were only there to get a quick coffee but will definitely go back and spend much more time soon.

SL + SVE 16-35

Boys and girls, that’s how not to shoot Milky Way ... I’m open to any tuition  😂

Edited by meerec

2 hours ago, meerec said:

SL + SVE 16-35

Boys and girls, that’s how not to shoot Milky Way ... I’m open to any tuition  😂

😂I start with 30sec ISO 3200 f4, irrespective of the focal length. From there I adjust aperture, ISO, and/or shutter speed accordingly, depending on the ambient moonlight, dof, etc. I find that 500 or 600 or other rules don't have a significant impact on my kind of use of the pictures. There may be small trails, but are insignificant - maybe 2-3 pixels, and doesn't impact my viewing, unless it will be enlarged.

Edited by su25

19 minutes ago, su25 said:

😂I start with 30sec ISO 3200 f4, irrespective of the focal length. From there I adjust aperture, ISO, and/or shutter speed accordingly, depending on the ambient moonlight, dof, etc. I find that 500 or 600 or other rules don't have a significant impact on my kind of use of the pictures. There may be small trails, but are insignificant - maybe 2-3 pixels, and doesn't impact my viewing, unless it will be enlarged.

🤣 thank you. Although I did consider the 500 rule as a starting point, I ended up shooting manually adjusting parameters. So yes fixed focal length to 35mm, f=4.5 and tried at ISO 50 and the second image ISO 3200. 

I thought much about time of day and where Milky Way would be and concluded after the shot the Milky Way wasn’t there at all, otherwise I’m sure a Leica gear would have made the image for me 😂