Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The long and non-winding road;)

SVE 16-35 @16mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

Green wilderness - SL and 24/90.

• Like 8

Trying the 16-35 as a close-up lens.  The main subject in each of these is as close as back-button AF would let me get.

28540599157_e2b172cde6_k.jpgS1020432 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr SL 16-35@35 f/11

42506073475_cb2195d851_k.jpgS1020455 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr SL 16-35@24 f/8

42506068265_adefb6a481_k.jpgS1020461 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr SL 16-35@35 f/5.6

• Like 8

Waiting for the ferry to return...

Summicron 90SL @f2,2

• Like 11

Just for fun - the ghost in the goldfish pond - a processed picture, Original photo with SL and 90/280 at

280mm.

• Like 9

There's no one more annoying than a converted disbeliever so I will temper my response as best I can.

I railled against the 50SL for a long time and was pretty obnoxious about it on here. I swore blind by my 50 M Summiliux, which until just recently was the only lens I ever used on the SL. I always loved it but I did notice that the resolution would break down pretty quickly if you looked too closely. Of course, I would always just so 'well don't look too closely', and that is still true, but stil....

I was trying to be a purist but that never works. What works is whether the equipment enables you to take better photographs and in my view, for portraitiure, the AF of the 50SL and in particular the Eye AF/Face recognition, means I can 'focus' more on the subnject and less on focusing. I think that makes for better pictures; it means I can concentrate more on the person and choose when to release the shutter more confidently. It also makes me more relaxed as I don't have to fret about getting the focus right and the face recognition means that I quite often compose through the view finder and then come out from behind the camera to better engage with the subject.

Over and above that, the lens is just utterly sublime. It is a little too contrasty in harsh light (so then don't shoot in harsh light) and colours, especially greens, can get very muddled and over blown in these conditions, but feed the lens early morning or late evening light and it;s just sings.

Indeed - Eye AF / Face recognition works very well, it's a liberating experience...but in the case of spectacle wearers you have to pay attention. Then (esp. wide open at close range) the SL's AF focusses on the glasses frame - and the pupil may be slight out of perfect focus... In those cases 1 Point-AF works a lot more precisely.

• Like 2

Indeed - Eye AF / Face recognition works very well, it's a liberating experience...but in the case of spectacle wearers you have to pay attention. Then (esp. wide open at close range) the SL's AF focusses on the glasses frame - and the pupil may be slight out of perfect focus... In those cases 1 Point-AF works a lot more precisely.

Yes I've fallen foul of this once or twice in the past.

• Like 1

Studying the next move.

SL+24-90mm

• Like 14

SL + Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH

• Like 11

SL + Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH

• Like 4

Flower angel sitting in white orchid - with SL and 24/90.

• Like 6

biking the dike...

VE 2,8-4/24-90 @90mm

• Like 14

Victory of the nature - original photo with SL and 24/90 plus Marumi 5 diop, afterwards processed.

• Like 5

90 SL @ F2... my mother and son :)

BRCA-5.JPG

Unpretentous and charming. Thanks for sharing this real life moment of two people very dear to you. Made me go out and order a copy of this lens. The 75 Summicron-SL is readily available, this 90 is out of stock in most places. This will bring my SL lenses to four, two primes, 50 and 90, and two zooms, 24-90 and 90-280. I wasn’t going to get another SL lens because I love using the M10 much more right now due to its better sensor. But I heard the SL2 is coming next year. And, by the way, the new S to be announced at this year’s Photokina. Edited by Chaemono