False info from the adapter

Ario Arioldi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there any way to override the information from the T-M adapter and manually select the lens? For some reason I am getting some wrong reading from the adapter: an uncoded Noctilux is recognized as a 90mm and I have seen no way to change this. My Novoflex coded R-M adapter is recognized as an M lens (I have the choice to select between 135mm and 90mm M lens) and again I have found no way to change this. I hope a FW will take care, unless there is already a workaround I am not aware of.

HI Ario

I don't think there is a way of over-riding a read 6 bit code (whether right or wrong)

As a first step I'd suggest cleaning the T adapter and mount (does that make a difference)

Is it picking up the correct code from any lenses? 

Is the Novoflex adapter properly coded (some of their codes were off-kilter I think).

Hi Jono,

I cleaned everithing, to no avail. 

I only had problems with the Novoflex adapter and with the uncoded Noctilux, other coded lenses I have used works  as expected

The Novoflex R-M coded adapter work perfectly with the Leica M 240

Probably the sensitivity of the reader on the adapter is different from the one on the M 240, but I think that in any case  a way to override wrong readings is a a useful addition, probably not too difficult to implement.