Leica SL is here

Peter Walker

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am I correct that the strap threads through the strap lugs and does not attach like the M's with a metal ring. Generally I dislike the standard Leica straps as I find the rubber pad gives me a rash on my neck but none of my selection of Luigi Crescenzi straps will fit I fear, as they are all designed to attach with split rings. 

Wilson

Am I correct that the strap threads through the strap lugs and does not attach like the M's with a metal ring. Generally I dislike the standard Leica straps as I find the rubber pad gives me a rash on my neck but none of my selection of Luigi Crescenzi straps will fit I fear, as they are all designed to attach with split rings. 

Yes, they're flat-ribbon style lugs. Makes sense for larger, heavier camera-lens assemblies. 

From what I saw at the demo, the supplied strap looks pretty good, seemed to be much like the later R strap that I liked a lot. I hope it's long enough. 

• Like 1

I think I must be allergic to the rubber that Leica use for their strap pads, as they bring me out in a rash and are very itchy if I have them on my neck for just a few minutes. I have given away most of my Leica straps to forum members. I have asked Luigi if they are designing a range of straps for the SL. I would think the bit that goes through the lug would need to be made of nylon, as leather would wear away. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think I must be allergic to the rubber that Leica use for their strap pads, as they bring me out in a rash and are very itchy if I have them on my neck for just a few minutes. I have given away most of my Leica straps to forum members. I have asked Luigi if they are designing a range of straps for the SL. I would think the bit that goes through the lug would need to be made of nylon, as leather would wear away. 

A&A make a very nice ribbon style strap too, and not too expensive. ACAM-110 in several colors, about $60. 

Where's the first unboxing video?

scott

Rather down-to-earth boxing for the SL, this in contrast to the rather fancy M-boxes - so unboxing video would be even more booring than on average.

The body has a great feel, a convenient size (for my hands) and a weight similar to the M240 with EVF and a grip. Very nice. Waiting for the battery to be charged so the fun can start...

Edited by helged

Wilson

Hi Wilson. Luigi is the msn

ive ordered a strap from them. (Ginevra handled the communication)

the Leica neoprene strap gives me shivers down my spine :)

Rather down-to-earth boxing for the SL, this in contrast to the rather fancy M-boxes - so unboxing video would be even more booring than on average.

I agree. And I'm pleased that they went with simple, business-like packaging. Solid, practical packing for a solid, practical camera. The symbolism is noticeable.  

Wilson

Yes, the strap lugs are a small bar across a cut-out in the top edges of the body. Needs a ribbon on the end of the strap. IMO, much better than than the split-ring style. Stays out the way and doesn't rattle in the wind - important for video. Doesn't break your finger nail when changing straps.

I found that my favorite hand strap, the SpiderPro, fits neatly.

Regards

Peter

3264f313bf7c36db435e8101d7f88ae7.jpg

f24d8a8c4583bde0b69e4c24bb2e5ef2.jpg

10b9b6548f53543dd2d32e6634d8e749.jpg

• Like 1

I guess this is for the "professional" products. Just looked at the Q and its the older style that was used for M's

The Summicron-C and Summilux-C Cine lenses have used these boxes for past 2 years.

I just received my tracking, will unbox tomorrow  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by digitalfx

I guess this is for the "professional" products. Just looked at the Q and its the older style that was used for M's

The Summicron-C and Summilux-C Cine lenses have used these boxes for past 2 years.

I just received my tracking, will unbox tomorrow  :)

whoa! that is a nice set right there! ok...i am jealous:) 

i am assuming you will dive into the video options? interested what you will find....still waiting to see some actual 10bit external clips...

whoa! that is a nice set right there! ok...i am jealous:) 

i am assuming you will dive into the video options? interested what you will find....still waiting to see some actual 10bit external clips...

thanks. Mine arrives tomorrow. I will try to shoot some tests of LOG and 10-bit this week.