Leica T holster ... Bad idea?

Learner

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anybody have opinions on the Leica T holster?

On the downside, it can be accused of being uber expensive and geeky-looking.

Also, there are claims that inserting the T into holster turns the camera on.

On the other hand, it frees the hands, prevents the camera from bobbing around when walking, and relieves weight.

Any thoughts? Does the camera always turn on upon insertion.

In particular, I wonder if anyone has tried inserting the heavyish 55-130 T lens... Can the holster handle it?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Leica+T+holster&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

I have not used the T holster, though I'm interested in hearing opinions as well.

I've used a variety of slings, but I currently use and can recommend a Luma Loop 3: http://luma-labs.com . The really nice thing about it is how quickly and easily adjustable it is, which makes it easy to hold the camera tight when walking, but loosen quickly to take a photo.

However, a holster would still allow the camera to move a lot more freely when taking a shot.

• Like 1

While I have never really been interested in the holster anyway, your comment about the VisoFlex picqued my interest.

It is the one main gripe I have with the T, and the X-Vario, the EVF (Viso, or EVF2 as the case may be) precludes any use of the cases etc.

Crazy really.

Take for example the X-Vario. I have the genuine case, beautiful it is. Can't use it with the EVF2 fitted. So, off/on/off/on, ad nauseum. Even with a UV filter fitted to the front, the case is difficult or impossible to use. Again crazy, it's like a tight pair of jeans!!!

While I appreciate the fact that I can decide Viso or no Viso, the issue is it "sticks up quite a bit". Even my usual carry bag is too tight for it when fitted, so it is on and off all the time.

Gripe over, apologies for hijacking the thread.

Gary

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use an ordinary camera strap that is long enough to carry the my T like it is possible with a sling. Additionally, I have a Peak Design Capture Pro to carry the camera ready-to-shoot on any bag strap, back pack strap or wrist belt. I find this solution as very flexible to use,

The micro plate of the Peak Desgin Capture Pro is Acra compatible and always on my T. I use it - of course - to carry it with the PD capture pro, to mount it on my Ball Pod and to mount it on my tripod. 

• Like 1