A nice leather case with metal grip for the Q

iJeff

Also, question about the LIM case. Is the inner part of the lower aluminum plate covered with some sort of microfiber or something to prevent it from scratching the base of the actual camera?

Yes. It has a very smooth internal lining. I've carried my Q in this case for more than a year. Never have to take the case off. Easy access to the sdcard and battery through the base. My Q is unmarked.

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The case arrived today. Perfect timing. It fits the camera perfectly and it has made such a difference to the handling of the Q. The only 2 minor 'niggles' are that the base could be thinner and the hand grip could have been covered with leather or had some grooves incorporated into it because it is a bit smooth. I might get to my local leather seller and get a small piece to glue on.

Edited by likealot

I've had the LIM case for a few weeks now and really like how it protects most of the body from dings and scratches but I have to say, I really dislike the metal grip attachment. It feels a bit too slippery. I realize that it might not be possible to find the original faux leather that Leica used with their grip and on the Q itself, but if only LIM put some sort of rubberized material or faux leather to wrap a portion of their metal grip, I'd call it the perfect case. It just really sucks to so few options for grips and accessories for the Q in general. I don't understand it, the Q is probably one of Leica's best cameras, IMO at least.

Another thing I don't understand how the designers of the Leica grip didn't think that maybe people using it would like access to the battery and memory card without removing the damn thing, it really boggles my mind...

I've had the LIM case for a few weeks now and really like how it protects most of the body from dings and scratches but I have to say, I really dislike the metal grip attachment. It feels a bit too slippery. I realize that it might not be possible to find the original faux leather that Leica used with their grip and on the Q itself, but if only LIM put some sort of rubberized material or faux leather to wrap a portion of their metal grip, I'd call it the perfect case. It just really sucks to so few options for grips and accessories for the Q in general. I don't understand it, the Q is probably one of Leica's best cameras, IMO at least.

Another thing I don't understand how the designers of the Leica grip didn't think that maybe people using it would like access to the battery and memory card without removing the damn thing, it really boggles my mind...

I looked at the LIM case and decided to go with the Arte Di Mano case with Aventino grip. It is perfect. Expensive though. I added the Thumbs Up and a 120 cm Arte Di Mano strap. I'm done for the next 10 years. Total protection. Beautiful craftsmanship in gorgeous leather. Every time I pick the camera up, it's a pleasure. I got the one with the underside leather flap giving access to the battery and SD Card.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been done for the next 10 years about 5 times in the last 12 months alone ;)

LOL. I resemble that remark. Maybe I should have said that I'm trying to be done for the next 10 years or until the next great camera comes along which will likely be in the next couple years. Ever the optimist, but it's also what I told my wife. I think after 40 years she has me figured out. :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This might have been answered elsewhere ... if so apologies.

What, from where, the lens cap please, wrist strap too?

Many thanks in anticipation ...

Did you get an answer to this?

Not sure about that strap, but that cap is from Breakthrough Photography, here:

https://breakthrough.photography/product/lens-cap/

I like breakthrough caps because the springs are strong.  Not sure if it will fit under the hood.

Did you get an answer to this?

Not sure about that strap, but that cap is from Breakthrough Photography, here:

https://breakthrough.photography/product/lens-cap/

I like breakthrough caps because the springs are strong.  Not sure if it will fit under the hood.

Many thanks higa .... hadn't had reply.

Regards

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2016 at 4:09 PM, Donzo98 said:

Yup...

QFinal.JPG

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but hopefully someone else with a LIMS case can help out. I ordered one and while I love the look and feel, the screw on the bottom just doesn't stay screwed into the camera. Short of using Loctite, any other suggestions?