Leica Image Shuttle SL

rsmphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A relatively simple question, I hope, and one only a small subset of people may really care about, but something I look forward to.

Is it right to assume LIS SL will be released concurrently with the camera? Or downloadable after registration? I haven't see any mention of it, other than it exists. 

thanks,

Richard

Having separate versions of LIS seems a bit inelegant. We now have v2.2 for the S2, S (006) and the M, v3.0 for the S (007), now apparently another version for the SL, and oh yeah, a mini LIS app for the T.

Interesting that the 006 (ccd) and the M (cmos) can use the same LIS version, yet no such luck for the others. Is it then the Maestro chip that dictates this incompatibility? One can dream of a "one version fits all" LIS, I suppose. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by rsmphoto

Jonathan, 

Have you tried the iPad App? I believe it is a lot better than the one for the C112, which to put it bluntly - stank.......... and that was if you ever got it to say hello to the camera, which was infrequently. 

Wilson

works fine ..... and there is quite a comprehensive menu of options on the camera you can change remotely .......

as with a lot of these things you have to do things in a particular order to get it started ok ....... on my ipad mini you need to switch hotspot off then on again for the camera to find it in preference to your home wi-fi network. 

once done and fixed the first time it connects immediately with no problems....... just activate WLAN on the camera, choose remote control, then fire up the SL app on the ipad...... tap to connect - takes seconds. 

• Like 1

HI There

I downloaded the SL version last night - cursory examination suggests that it works properly and effectively.

Hi Jono,

just one question: I can't find "LIS SL" - only 2.2 and 3.0;

where you found it?

thank you

thomas

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

HI There

I downloaded the SL version last night - cursory examination suggests that it works properly and effectively.

Ok, I'll chime in too.

No sign of LIS SL on the site. Curious. Are you perhaps working with a final version, or are we still in beta? Or, is this Leica's version of a IQ test? See how long it takes you to find it... ;)

Ok, I'll chime in too.

No sign of LIS SL on the site. Curious. Are you perhaps working with a final version, or are we still in beta? Or, is this Leica's version of a IQ test? See how long it takes you to find it... ;)

hmmm I just searched for Leica SL on the Apple Store. Certainly no beta

hmmm I just searched for Leica SL on the Apple Store. Certainly no beta

Ah, but that's the app, not Leica Image Shuttle. I believe they are two different animals. page 150 of the manual lists them separately under scope of delivery. App and LIS.

The plot thickens :ph34r:

Edited by rsmphoto

• 5 months later...