cafecacao

The dust on sensor or lens

Well it must have been bad because today I received a brand new Q back from Germany

Edited by ramosa

after shooting offline, i saw some small dust on my pics, i really worried about that, i dont know it is on sensor or lens. But the dust is not the same position on my pictures after i cleaned my lens and shoot a pic for testing, no have any dust. I have some questions:

- It is on sensor or lens (pls refer pic below)

- Does the Q have cleaning function automatically as some other brands?

- The dust can fall out of sensor when we move the camera. is it possible? if yes, i worry the dust still be in the camera, around sensor and can cling to sensor again.

Tks so much

Cropped 100%, at F4

L1000772-2.jpg

wow.  This is very troubling as I just received mine.  How many frames have you taken and did you take f/16 shots when new. for comparisons?

This is why I never buy a camera who`s sensor I can not clean.

Certain lenses are designed to breath in air as they zoom.  How the Q is made,  I do not know.

My new Q Titanium arrived with a dust spot visible at f/16 against blue sky. I've shipped it back for a refund and am leaning toward not trying a second. I hate chasing sensor dust, but with an interchangeable lens camera, at least I can.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My new Q Titanium arrived with a dust spot visible at f/16 against blue sky. I've shipped it back for a refund and am leaning toward not trying a second. I hate chasing sensor dust, but with an interchangeable lens camera, at least I can.

I sold my Q for just this reason.  I had dust on the sensor and Leica cleaned it.  When it was returned I sold it.  I did not want to go through the problem again.  

Well it must have been bad because today I received a brand new Q back from Germany

My guess is that it was cheaper for them to send you a new camera than to take the camera apart, clean it, and then reassemble it.

Maybe switching to macro Mode Makes it Breathe

-tk

In my experience the dust is most likely to enter through the body and onto the sensor.

Second Q Titanium sensor arrived dust-free. I took another chance on the Q because I missed using it.