Is mt Q playing up?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have just found out that I may have a monochrome problem on my Q.

When I set the jpegs to monochrome it used to show a mono screen, now it doesn't.

It does take a mono jpeg image but that appears only on playback, not on the screen when composing. It does set on a profile but still the same problem.

Unless I'm doing something wrong (which I doubt) it sounds like a trip so Wetzlar in the offing, alas.

Anyone else noticed this?

When set to shoot mono, You should still be able to toggle sequentially between viewing (in compose mode), colour or B&W , by pressing the centre button on the direction control on the rear.

Viewing in colour doesn't stop a B&W capture.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by lucerne

You will probably find the answer in this thread...  

Thanks Keith, but I gave the OP  the answer.   Some users won't have discovered this feature of the Q, but providing he follows the logic, he should find that there's nothing wrong with his camera.  (Unless the button doesn't give the expected results).

Some might label this feature as a "bug" but I don't think so!   It allows users to quickly review  the appearance of their B&W image  in colour before they shoot.

Edited by lucerne