Leica T Screen Protector

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is anyone using Leica's new Screen Protector on their T?

I just bought one and am pleased so far.  It appears to work as stated - screen contrast and tactile feel seem slightly improved (but maybe this is mind over matter...).  

At first I thought the protector somewhat obscured (pixilated) the display (once it is on - you can't do a before/after comparison), but I can still see that "shimmer" when manually focusing - and maybe can see the peak of focus even more easily than with the bare screen (??).  I am curious about other people's experience here - if this is my perception or a reality?  

It went on easily (straight and without bubbles) and is a perfect fit.  

Oh - and it is seems to be more forgiving with fingerprints than the bare LCD display is.  

It's expensive at $25 (includes 2 protectors).  

I usually don't like screen protectors on my cameras or smart phones but, so far it's ok.  

(I'm sure there are cheaper protectors available from other manufacturers that may work equally well - but lazy me didn't research it and just went for the Leica version.) 

Is anyone using Leica's new Screen Protector on their T?

I just bought one and am pleased so far.  It appears to work as stated - screen contrast and tactile feel seem slightly improved (but maybe this is mind over matter...).  

At first I thought the protector somewhat obscured (pixilated) the display (once it is on - you can't do a before/after comparison), but I can still see that "shimmer" when manually focusing - and maybe can see the peak of focus even more easily than with the bare screen (??).  I am curious about other people's experience here - if this is my perception or a reality?  

It went on easily (straight and without bubbles) and is a perfect fit.  

Oh - and it is seems to be more forgiving with fingerprints than the bare LCD display is.  

I usually don't like screen protectors on my cameras or smart phones but, so far it's ok.  

(I'm sure there are cheaper protectors available from other manufacturers that may work equally well - but lazy me didn't research it and just went for the Leica version.) 

Well I have had two now, they seem to be a perfect fit, two days later or so, they started to peel off. Once when I brushed my hand over it bringing it out of the bag to take a picture, and yesterday as I held the camera to attach to a tripod.

So no more of these for me.

Mine is fine... fits well and doesn't seem to impede interaction with screen. A little tricky to apply... Make sure you use a credit card to flatten it.

I believe ... not sure ... that you can remove the protector by using the hot air from a hair dryer.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is actually a rather cheap accessory item. If you buy branded high quality protectors (e.g. 3M), you will end up paying pretty much the same amount of money. Of course you can get the usual 99c screen protector on eBay, but I have dealt with these things since they came up with protectors (for the US Robotics Palm Pilot) some two centuries ago. It makes a difference and the Leica ones are good.

• 1 month later...