Your preferred focusing method on the T?

With my two lenses 18-56 and 55-135, I use always AF. As I am so new to the T, I am using  depending on the circumstances Aperture or Shutter Priority. I also use Manual a lot. Sometimes when I am lazy Program AE.

With previous cameras I used almost exclusively Aperture priority. In the Leica shop, the guy there suggested when I asked for a recommendation for good settings with the T. Autofocus Mode 1-Point, Multi-field metering centre-weighted and Manual priority.

I'll say for me it depends:

flowers and other macroish things: AFC because the continious takes small hand movements and flower wiggle out.

landscapes: MF everything is infinity anyway or it's not and I want to deliberately control the focal position and DOF

street: mostly MF shooting from the hip or a kind of crude zone focusing

portrait like things: MF focus once and minor adjustments as needed

casual snapshots: AF if at first it don't succeed try and try again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mostly:

Auto focus single AF-s mode

1 point spot (smallest green box) - I forget what it's called but it's the 1st choice

Usual exposure mode is

Aperture priority, or

Manual - it's great to be able to set both the shutter speed (when capturing moving objects) and aperture (for controlling DOF) and just let the T pick the ISO (from 100-1600 or 3200 in low light).

Also using Touch and Fire Autofocus has become an interesting focus method since the 1.43 firmware upgrade

With just T lenses in mind, what is your preferred focusing method and why?

Always Manual? Always Automatic? Depends.

Your preferred Automatic method?

Which method do you NOT use and why?

Normally Aperture Priority because I want to have some control of the depth of field.